During a meeting with top business leaders in the US in 2017, they were quizzed on their knowledge of artificial intelligence (AI). Interestingly, only 17 percent of them said they knew something about it.
Some of them did not even understand how cutting-edge technology would affect their business. These business people have heard about the immense potential of AI but had no idea how to apply it to their company’s systems and processes.
Qualities of AI
It is interesting to note that experts still have to develop a standard definition of artificial intelligence among themselves. They, however, agree on the concept that AI are machines that can respond to stimulation and make decisions similar to humans.
In particular, here are some of the main qualities of AI that an Artificial Intelligence Consulting Services can help you maximize:
- Intelligence. Data analytics and machine learning are integral components of AI. Through machine learning, software designers can look for underlying trends from the data gathered. This information is then used to resolve problems as they arise.
The data collated must be robust so that the algorithm will be able to detect patterns. The information can come from satellite images, digital data, visual information, or even from unstructured data. Artificial Intelligence Consulting Services can help you with this.
- Intentionality. AI algorithms have been created mainly to make decisions based on real-time data. This feature makes them different from passive machines that are only capable of making predetermined responses.
The technology is capable of integrating information from various sources using remote inputs. It then instantly evaluates all the data and makes corresponding decisions. With ample storage systems and processing speeds, it can come up with sophisticated analyses.
- Adaptability. What makes AI systems remarkable is their ability to adapt to any situation and make sound decisions. For example, semi-autonomous vehicles can help drivers anticipate upcoming chokepoints, potholes, and other traffic obstacles.
The main advantage of utilizing artificial intelligence is that it eliminates the need for human involvement when it is no longer necessary. For instance, vehicles equipped with AI can communicate with each other and generate a pool of information that can benefit other users.
Benefits to Sectors
Undoubtedly, the age of AI has finally arrived. Here are some of the main sectors that stand to benefit immensely from the technology:
- Finance. Data shows that for the period from 2013 to 2014, $12.2 billion have been poured into financial AI in the United States. The software now makes decisions regarding loan transactions that were used to be done by personnel.
- Health Care. AI has enabled the health sector to develop state-of-the-art technologies to address medical issues. For instance, a German company has created a medical imaging application that detects lymph nodes using Computer Tomography (CT).
- National Security. In this age of cyber-warfare, AI has now become an integral component of the country’s defense systems. The US military is using Project Maven to go through massive amounts of data and videos to detect abnormal or suspicious activities.
- Criminal Justice. The criminal justice system is now using AI to improve its profiling system. For example, Chicago has created an AI-powered “Strategic Subject List.” It studies the profile of arrested individuals to determine the possibility of them committing crimes in the future.
There is no denying that AI is changing every aspect of most people’s lives. It has become an indispensable tool that enables people to gather, analyze, and process massive amounts of information. As a result, they can come up with timely, accurate, and better-informed decisions.