Want to upgrade your PC’s OS to Windows 10 or reinstall windows 10? Then you will surely need to download the Windows 10 ISO file. Downloading windows 10 ISO files is so much simpler. In this article, I will show you how to download windows 10 ISO files in your PC or USB or in your DVD storage. Hope, I will make it easy to you.
Things You Should Keep in Mind Before Start
- The whole process needs some free space on your hard drive. So if your hard drive is full, free some space.
- You have to select the versions of ISO file or related terms, then make sure that the selected version will match on your computer. Press windows+pause button to find your computer’s system type and select likewise.
- If you want to store the Windows 10 ISO file in your USB or DVD, then you need at least 4 GB capacity of those flash drives.
- After ISO file being stored in your USB or DVD, everything in your DVD or USB will be overwritten. So if there are any important files on your USB or DVD, you should transfer those to your PC or other storage devices. I better recommend you to use an empty USB or DVD.
Using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
Using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (Download to your PC, USB, and DVD storage) → For windows user
You can download windows 10 ISO file to your USB storage and can use it later for other PC’s as well. You will need at least 4GB USB or DVD drive to store the Windows 10 ISO file.
- At first download media creation tool. Click here for 32-bit version and here for a 64-bit version.
- Click on the downloaded media creation tool .exe file and choose ‘Create installation media for another PC’. Click next.
- Select your preferred language. Then you will find many options in ‘Edition’ like windows 10 home, windows 10 pro, windows 10 pro N etc. The N version has the only difference that Windows Media Player is not available here. Then select your Architecture like 32-bit or 64-bit. It depends on the system type of your computer. Press windows+pause button to find out your computer’s system type. After all, these get finished, click Next.
- Now you have three options. You can store your ISO file on your computer or USB device or you can burn the windows 10 ISO file into a DVD(same as storing in DVD). If you want to store it on your USB drive, follow these below instructions.
- Now the tool will check if there is enough space on your hard drive to complete the task(don’t require huge space). If everything is fine, you will see the image like below and Select USB flash drive.
- Then select your plugged USB drive. Now the Windows 10 ISO file will start to download. I recommend you to use a faster internet connection and yes, don’t shut down your computer before completing download! After the download completed, you have successfully stored windows 10 ISo file on your USB drive. You can use it on your computer or other computers as well.
If you want to store Windows 10 ISO file in your computer or DVD, then follow these instructions below. Before that, you have to make sure that you have completed 4 steps successfully.
- If you complete steps, then you will see the image like below. Then select ISO file.
- Now you have to select the desired folder of your computer in which you want to download the ISO file. Select and click save. Then the ISO file will start to download.Don’t shut down your computer while downloading and wait for the download being completed.
- After the download completed, find the ISO file in the folder you selected before. Right-click on the ISO file.Make sure you have plugged a 4GB(or higher capacity) DVD into your computer’s DVD drive.
- Select ‘Burn Disc Image’. A burning tool will launch. Then check the ‘Verify disc after burning’ option and click Burn. You are successfully done and eject the DVD.
Direct download to your computer
Direct download to your computer(For Mac, Linux and other OS users)
If you are a Linux or Mac user, then you can download the Windows 10 ISO file directly to your computer. It won’t require you to download the media creation tool. This is simple, just follow the below instructions.
- Go to Microsoft’s Official Website
- After clicking on the above link, you will be on the Microsoft’s official Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO) download page. Now, you have to select which edition you want to download and then, click confirm.
- Now you have to select your language. Select your language which you are currently using on your computer. If you don’t know( but you should!), then search Time and Language in your PC’s search bar or search Region. There you can find your preferred language. After selecting, click confirm.
- Now you will find two options, you can download 32-bit version or 64-bit version. If you cannot decide which version should be downloaded, then at first find out your PC’s system type, either it is 32-bit or 64-bit. For Windows OS, Press Windows+pause button and you can find your PC’s system type there(whether 32-bit or 64-bit). Now simply click on the link to your preferred version and download it. After the download being completed, you are done.
If you already have an ISO file then what is the next step? Need to make your USB bootable right? Here is the detail of how to make your USB Bootable.
If you want to upgrade your computer with the Windows 10 ISO file, then simply follow method 1. It is so simple. If you want to use your ISO file later or in other computers, then I recommend you to store the Windows 10 ISO file into your USB or DVD and then use it. Though storing in USB or DVD is a little bit complex, this is more stable and safe. Even you should use Windows 10 ISO file which stored on your USB or DVD to upgrade your computer because from my experiences, sometimes directly upgrading can cause you trouble.