We use different types of features in our devices. The clipboard is that kind of useful tool in windows and android. The clipboard is generally an area to store the data temporarily. Using a clipboard, one can easily move the data or text from one place to another by using a copy-paste option. This clipboard is also known as Pasteboard. In the computer memory, there is a special location for storing data temporarily for using it from one document to another. Here, we’ll talk about how to access the clipboard.
The clipboard can store any type of data or information. It can be a text, a photo, a file, or any kind of image. You can easily copy data by using the Copy option and paste the data in any document you want by using the Paste option. There is some program that allows you to see the data stored in the clipboard.
There are several ways to access the clipboard on your device. The methods depend on the version of Windows and the operating system of your device.
How to Access Clipboard on the Word
You can get access to the clipboard by using Word. This clipboard can be used on an open document or in a new document. You can try the clipboard for Microsoft 365, Word 2019, Word 2016, and Word 2013. For this, you have to follow some steps. The steps are given below:
- First, you have to click the Home tab. You will find this tab in the right corner of the top part of the document.
- There is a tiny box with an arrow that is pointing out of it. You have to click the tiny box. This little icon is located at the right corner of the bottom part of the clipboard grouping.
- Now, there will pop up a new Window of the clipboard. If you copy something in Word, there will show up a list of recently copied words or letters. The list will show the copied list in descending order.
- Finally, when you open the clipboard, the text and image will be copied from anywhere.
How to Access Clipboard on Windows 10
You can also access the clipboard on Windows 10. There are some simple steps you have to follow to get access to the clipboard on Windows 10. The steps are given below:
- First, you have to press Windows+V at the same time. By pressing these keys, the clipboard app will open and it will show you the recent history of the copied list.
- Then, you have to click Turn on when the clipboard allows you to do so. If the clipboard is unable to open clipboard history, you won’t see the copied list from the history.
- Now, you have to open the Start Menu to sync the clipboard. You have to click on The Start Menu from the right corner of the bottom part of the computer to open it. And if you don’t want to across all the devices in which you are signed in, then you have to choose your MS account and skip the rest steps of this method.
- Next, you have to click the gear icon of the computer. Bu clicking this, the settings menu will open.
- From the settings, you have to click System. This will be the first listed option in the settings menu.
- Now, you have to click Clipboard. You will find this option from the left side of the bottom part of the Window.
- Then, you have to click Get started. This option is located under the Sync across devices. This is on the right side of the Window.
- Finally, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to sync the clipboard. You will have to go through a verification of your identity. It will be processed via text or email. When the verification process will finish, the feature will enable on your Window and the clipboard will sync across all the devices you signed in to your Window.
How to Access Clipboard in iPhone
There are some steps to access the clipboard on Mac. The steps are given below:
- First, you have to go to the Settings of your Mac book.
- Then, you have to click General from the menu bar.
- Now, you have to enable Handoff on your iPhone.
- You have to sign in on the Apple account. You can check the ID from the settings app. The Apple ID is located at the top of the screen.
- Next, you have to connect to the Wi-Fi. You can select the Wi-Fi from the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Finally, you can see a notification that the text has been copied or cut on the iPhone. You have to pinch the highlighted text using your three fingers two times. It will cut the text on your iPhone. This will be notified on your iPhone.
How to Access Clipboard on Windows Mac
It is also easy to access the clipboard on your Mac. Handoff is a great tool to start something on a device and pick it up to another device just with the use of your iCloud account. And which apps you want in your lock screen, app switcher, and Dock on Mac, it will appear it. The steps are given below:
- First, you have to go to the Apple Menu of your Mac book.
- Then, from the menu bar, you have to select General.
- Next, you have to allow Handoff between your Mac and iCloud devices.
- Now, you have to sign in to the Apple ID. You have to make sure that your iPhone and Mac are signed in on the same account. You have to check the Settings App on your iPhone and for Mac, you have to go the iCloud from the System Preferences from the Apple Menu.
- You have to connect to the Wi-Fi. You have to make sure that the iPhone and Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi. In the iPhone, you have to check the Settings App and in Mac, you have to check the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Finally, you have to copy or cut and paste the text. You have to pinch the highlighted text with your three fingers to copy text with your iPhone and send it to your Mac. The Handoff will paste copied or cut text from your Mac into your iPhone’s document.
In this article, there are many methods that you can apply to access the clipboard on your device. A clipboard is a great tool for storing data and use them when necessary. So, it is very useful and effective to access the clipboard on your device.