Videos, in contrast to images, which can be easily shared with anybody by messaging app, email, Twitter, or a variety of other ways, are frequently an issue because the files are too large to transport via email. Video files, apart from very brief video snippets, are typically not transferable directly between persons. So, how to email large videos on android and iPhone? There are some methods by which you can email large videos on android or iPhone.
Method 1: Using Google Drive
- Navigate to the Gmail homepage. If you haven’t already, log in to your Gmail using the login information right now.
- Then, you have to click on Compose.
- To access Google Drive, click on it. It’s represented by the triangular icon at the end of the “New Message” window
- Select the Upload tab from the drop-down menu. This is located in the upper right-hand of the Google Drive browser window. You may then drag and drop your video file into the main Google Drive window that appears. If your video clip has already been submitted to Google Drive, then you can just insert it there.
- Choose files on your laptop by clicking Select files from your computer. Choose a video from the list. According to the position of the video on the laptop, you may need to go to another folder for locating the video.
- Click on the Upload option. This is located on the lower left-hand side of the Drive application window. Your file may take some time for uploading. When it is completed, a link to it will display in the “New Message” window.
- Enter the email details like the email address of the recipient, the subject, and the text.
- Click on Send. You may find it at the lower-left side of the New Message box, marked with a blue button. Your video will be sent as a link, and your receiver can upload the clip after it has been opened by clicking on the link.
- The Share and Send buttons in the window that appears are required if you have not previously granted permission for your recipient for viewing your document.
- You may also select whether or not to allow your recipient to modify or reply to the file by selecting it from the menu bar.
Method2: Using OneDrive
How to email large videos on android and iPhone? Here is the method using OneDrive.
- Access the Outlook website in a new tab. Please sign in to the Outlook account using the Outlook username and password if you are not already signed in.
- To activate the panel of dots, click the button grid of dots. It’s located on the upper left-hand side of the Outlook program window.
- Select on the OneDrive.
- You have to select the video and drop it into the OneDrive window. Again, you can click on the Upload located in the upper section of the window, and choose Files, then simply click on the video.
- However, it could take quite some time for the video to be fully uploaded. You’ll have to leave the OneDrive site open until another upload of your file has been completed successfully.
- As soon as your video has finished uploading, close the OneDrive window on your browser. You’re finally able to send your email.
- Click on the +New. There it is, right at the homepage, exactly above the headline “Inbox.”
- Click on Attach. Located over your new email area on the left edge of the window, the right of the paperclip symbol is where you’ll discover this option.
- And then choose OneDrive. That will be the first thing you see when you open the page. Choose a video file. Click on the Next.
- Link as a OneDrive document by selecting Attach as a OneDrive file. This would be your final option until your file was only 20 gigabytes in size.
- Enter your email address.
- Click on the Send. The video footage will be distributed as a link. When your recipient clicks the link to access the file, users will be allowed to download it.
- Despite Gmail, files transferred via OneDrive are presumed to be shareable with the recipient by default.
Method3: Using iCloud Drive’s Mail Drop
- Go to the iCloud Mail page and sign in. If you haven’t already done so, log in using your Username And password.
- Once the iCloud user visits, pick the Mail button in the upper left corner to launch iCloud Gmail if it does not open immediately.
- To access the settings menu, select the gear symbol on the lower left side of the site. Then choose preferences.
- Select the Composing tab from the drop-down menu. It can be found at the very edge of its Preferences box. For sending huge documents, select Use Mail Drop from the drop-down menu.
- Gmail Drop enables you to provide a file of up to 5 gigabytes in the emails as a link, rather than as an attached. You should not uncheck this box if it has already been checked.
- Click on the Done.
- To create a new email, use the “new email” button. In the upper right corner of the webpage, there is a pen and pad icon.
- Alternatively, you can start a new email by pressing Alt + Shift + N on the keyboard and then clicking on the N button. Option, rather than Alt, will be held down if you are using a Mac.
- Select the paperclip sign from the drop-down menu. It’s located at the very head of your email inbox.
- Choose a video from the list. You may need to navigate to the location of the file depending on where it is located on your pc. Now, you have to give your email address. And click on the send button.
How to Send Large Videos on Android by Sharing a Link
It is the simplest method of sharing a video with any Android device by sending the recipient a URL to just the video on Google Photos. Most people already have Google Photos set up to sync their images and videos mostly with the cloud, so this solution does not require them to do anything extra. The steps of the method are following:
Step 1: First, you have to open Google Photos on your android.
Step 2: Then, you have to search for the video that you want to send and tap the video and a toolbar will appear there.
Step 3: Now, from the toolbar section, you have to click on the Share icon.
Step 4: Next, a pop-up window will appear. You have to click on the “Create Link.” Option. Once the link has already been copied, you will be notified by a message.
Step 5: Select the app in which you decide to send the link by selecting it from the list. The link has to now be copied into the message and ready to be sent, or you will see a list of contacts and you can choose whom you want to send and sent the link via email.
How to Send Large Video on Android Using Other Cloud Services
However, while Google Photos is often the simplest approach, you may not have enough internal memory required to put your videos here anyway, or you may choose not to sync the videos with Google Photos at all. In this case, you can ask for another cloud service to save your data. You can upload videos to Dropbox, OneDrive, or any other large cloud storage service of your choice.
Like Google Photos, Dropbox and OneDrive both offer the option of constantly uploading images and video files to their respective servers. After downloading the mobile app and enabling automatic uploads, you will be able to choose and send videos from within the apps that you have installed on it.
Best Way to Send Large Video Files: Create a ZIP File
A zip file is a compressed version for your enormous video file, which implies it is significantly lower in size than that of the original document. You can build a ZIP file that has been compressed by utilizing compression tools. When one compressed file has been prepared, transferring it to the intended recipient will be much simpler.
However, you have to inform the receiver that they’ll have to unzip the zip to use it properly. To unzip a file refers to reduce the size of a huge video file from its actual size. Aside from that, both Windows and Mac OS X come with facilities for compressing and unzipping files well before.
To make a ZIP file, simply follow the steps given:
- First, you have to right-click on the large video file that you want to zip.
- Then, you have to choose the ‘Send to’ option and after that, select the ‘Compressed (zipped) folder’.
If you are a Mac user, simply follow the steps below:
- First, you have to right-click on the large video file that you have to compress;
- Then, you have to select the ‘Compress items’ from the context menu.
You have to check the new size of the current created zip file.
It must be less than 25MB in size to be delivered as an email link. Alternatively, if your compressed video file is higher in size, you will need to use another method of online file sharing.
There are some easy but effective ways to mail large video files using android or iPhone. You have to follow one method properly and send videos. Before sending, ensure the recipients’ email address again and click on the send button. So, how to email large videos on android and iPhone? We hope you know the answer.
Subscribe to our newsletter
& plug into
the world of technology