Virtual memory of a computer can help your computer’s functional speed in many ways. Sometimes you can face some problems with your PC. For example, the problems can be taking a long time for the PC to shut down or turn on, the software or applications of your PC do not open quickly. Also, the hardware of your computer can be crashed because of the lack of virtual memory. By adding more virtual memory or RAM(Random Access Memory), we can solve those problems. But how to increase virtual memory of Windows 10? You will find your answers here.
Virtual memory is one kind of RAM or memory, or a made-up memory to make the computer faster that runs on Microsoft’s Windows OS. PC thinks that it has more memory or RAM than it really has. Virtual memory can help PC is doing many functions faster. Most applications take more memory than they should be in RAM. For this reason, your PC does not work properly. Virtual memory helps in this problem.
Virtual memory can copy data from RAM and keep these to the hard disk of the computer. In this way, it can free up spaces in RAM. It is just a temporary solution for making your PC faster. Using extra virtual memory can also cause some problems. It is slower than reading various data from RAM. So using virtual memory can make your PC slower. But can RAM make your PC slower?
Sometimes you can run low on the virtual memory of your PC. If there appears a message saying virtual memory is low on your PC, you can know that your RAM space is full. Also working on and opening more multiple applications or commands can also reduce the virtual memory of your PC. Also opening many large files can do this. When the error message is shown on the display screen of your computer, you know your RAM is full. So, your computer’s VRAM should be checked before further proceeding. For this, Windows cannot store any data. The hard disk can be crashed. You can also lose any data in this problem.
The Methods to Increase Virtual Memory
At this point, you are thinking how to increase virtual memory of Windows 10? You can increase virtual memory by using some methods. The methods are
1. Deleting Unnecessary Data
To delete unnecessary files from your drive you have to follow the following steps.
- At first you have to search for Disk clean up in your PC taskbar.
- You have to select open.
- Then you have to select the drive you want to clean.
- You have to click on OK. Then you have to wait until the folders will be shown.
- Then a tab will be appeared. In which you have to select the files you want to clean up or delete.
- You can click on Clean up drive to finish the task.
As you do this, we suggest you backup your necessary files and data before deleting them.
2. Using Settings
You have to follow the steps to adjust the virtual memory in Windows 10. These steps are
- At first, you have to open settings from the Windows taskbar.
- Then you have to select the system.
- You have to click on About.
- Then you have to select the System info option which is under the related settings
- After this, you have to click on the “Advanced system settings” option which is on the left side.
- Then you can select the tab name Advanced.
- Then you have to click on Settings which is under the section of Performance.
- You have to click on the Advanced tab again.
- Then you have to select the Change option.
- After this, you have to clear the option of ‘Automatically manage paging files size for all drives.
- You have to click on the option named ‘Custom size’.
- Then you have to select the size of the paging files which is in megabytes.
- Then you have to select the Set option.
- You have to click on OK 2 times.
- After all these steps, you have to restart the PC. Restart your PC, not Reset!
In this way, you can increase the virtual memory of your PC.
3. Closing Programs that Cover Too Much Memory
You can increase virtual memory by closing the programs or the programs that run on the background. For this you have to follow the instructions. These are
- At first, you have to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete at the same time with the help of the keyboard.
- After this, you have to select ‘Task Manager’ which you can find in the last.
- Then you have to click on the ‘Processes’ tab.
- You have to select memory that can organize the memory which can take most memory to low.
- Then you have to select the programs you want to close.
- At last, you have to send the End Task.
This is the way you can close those programs.
4. Using Command Prompt
To increase virtual memory with the use of command prompt you have to follow the steps. They are
- At first, you have to open Start.
- In this, you have to search ‘Command Prompt’
- After appearing this, you have to right-click on the command prompt
- Then you have to click on the option of Run as administrator.
- You have to type the command
wmic pagefile list /format:list
- Then you have to click Enter.
- After this you have to type another command.
- Then you have to click Enter.
- You have to type the command and click Enter.
- Then you have to type the command and click Enter.
- shutdown -r -t 00
In this way, you can increase virtual memory in PC.
Virtual memory can help you to fasten your computer. For this, your PC can function and RAM can be safe. The methods to increase the virtual memory can help you to solve this problem. You can choose a method according to your preference. At this point, we are sure that you know how to increase virtual memory of Windows 10. Stay with us to know more about increasing virtual memory.