In previous days phones were only used for calling or texting with one another. But now people use phones for almost everything. It is nothing but a small computer in your pocket. So like a computer, your phones can be attacked with many kinds of viruses. Sometimes your phones can be slowed or disabled because of this. Also, your phone can be hacked because of the virus. The virus does this without knowing anything. You should able to know always whether your phone is virus affected or not. So, how to know if your phone has a virus? You have come to the right place.
The Types of Virus in Phone
There are various types of viruses your phone can be infected with. These viruses are needed to be known to you if you want to get your phone free from any kind of virus. The viruses can damage your phone completely. The viruses are
- Malware: This type of virus can infect the phone and collect all personal information. Basically many actions are done for knowing your information. Keep in mind that it is your phone, not your computer. If it is your computer, then there are a lot of things you can do to secure your computer like using Windows Defender, or other anti-virus software.
- Adware: Many ads or links are on the internet in disguise which is actually viruses that can affect your phone, computer, or even server computers. When people enter into it, their phones are infected. These can damage the phone.
- Spyware: If this virus is in your phone, your everyday activity on your phone will be monitored. It works as a spy on your phone. Don’t get confused with spying like using smartphone apps to spy on, etc. Though you can use some anti-spy detector from being affected. If you are familiar with iPhone, then you can read this article.
- Ransomware: This virus is used to lock your app or important file of your phone. The hacker wants money in this instead of unlocking these. Though if you are conscious enough, you can prevent ransomware type of cyber attack.
Signs That Your Phone Has Virus
You should be aware of the viruses of your phone before the phone is damaged. If it was your computer, then you have plenty of choices to make like using Windows Defender, or other hundreds of anti-virus software. For this, you should always check the following signs. If any sign has been shown on your phone, you should take the necessary steps as soon as possible. So, how to know if your phone has a virus? They are:
- Phone crashes often: If your phone crashes often when using, you should check for viruses in your phone. Because crashing so much means your phone is damaged. It is one of the activities of the virus.
- Battery life reduction: If you notice the battery consumption of your phone is increased drastically, you may have the virus in your phone. The virus does many unnecessary and harmful activities on your phone like apps that always running in the background. These tasks can reduce battery suddenly.
- Extra data consumption: The various tasks of virus use your phone data. If your data usage is shown more than you use the internet you should check for the virus.
- Changes in phone bill: If your phone bill is way more than usual then you must check your phone.
- Slowdown: The virus of your phone sometimes damages your phone severely. For this, your phone can slow down suddenly.
- Too many pop-ups: Sometimes your phone warns you with many pop-ups about the virus. You should not ignore this.
- Extra ads: If your phone is filled with so many unnecessary ads, you should check the phone. Sometimes the virus does this on your phone.
- An app that you don’t download: App list of your phone should be checked regularly. If you notice any app suddenly which you didn’t download on your phone, then your phone may have been infected with the virus. For this, whenever you download or install the app, make sure you downloaded it from the right place like google play store, apple’s app store, or non-traditional sources, etc.
What Should Be Done to the Virus-Infected Phone?
You should follow the steps when you doubt your phone is virus infected. The steps are-
- At first, you have to turn on the airplane plane mode of your phone. This can prevent all the outside activities of the virus.
- Then you can check all the apps on your phone. The apps which have poor reviews can be harmful to your phone. You have to uninstall those apps.
- But you should always download an antivirus for your phone which can protect your phone from viruses.
What should be done to the virus in iPhone?
Apple’s iPhone is hardly affected by viruses. But if you have the virus on your iPhone you have to follow the steps. They are
- At first, you have to back up your phone in iCloud. This way, you can restore your iPhone from iCloud.
- Then you have to enter into the settings of your phone.
- In this, you have to select General.
- Then you have to click on Reset.
- After this, you have to select “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- You have to reset your device again.
That’s how you can remove virus from iPhone. If it doesn’t work, you have to take your device to the Apple store.
Prevention for Viruses of Your Phone
You should prevent the problem before happening it. We know prevention is better than cure. You should avoid the activities that can get your phone virus affected. Those are
- You should always download the app which is highly reviewed or approve from the play store.
- You should avoid clicking the random links sent by anyone which is called phishing in cybercrimes.
- The inbox of the emails should be checked. You should delete the random emails and avoid opening these emails.
- You should always keep an antivirus app on your phone.
The virus can be easily affected by your phone. These viruses always come through the internet. So you should be always careful using the internet for you and your business too. You should know about the viruses. You should be aware of the signs of viruses on your phone. Then you can take steps as early as possible before damaging your phone. As you are reading this sentence, we hope now you know how to know if your phone has a virus or not.