People use various file formats to store their important data or any kind of documents. In school, college or office they tend to use files many times of the day. PDF files are one of the popular files. They are used everywhere for almost every aspect. They are hugely popular as the format of the data in the files is not changed. You can also send and upload pdf files without changing them in any way. Images can also be saved as pdf files. Also, they use very little storage and you can easily reduce the pdf file size. Various research work, office documents, and study-related information are stored in this. For this our PC is full of many PDF files. We need to learn the easy way to find any specific file. So, how to search text in multiple PDF files? Read the whole article to know more.
Why Is It Difficult to Find a Specific PDF File?
As PDF files are used in most places, these files are filled in any computer or device. So it is difficult to find any specific file. You have to open every file of the device to find out the particular pdf file. So the easy method is applied to find out the necessary pdf files. In this method, you can easily find a pdf file by searching the specific text. Without it, you have to open all the pdf files on the device. This can also be done by merging multiple PDF files into one.
Methods to Find Text in Multiple Pdf Files
There are some ways in which we can find text in pdf files. You can search them by opening them or without them. They are described below.
1. Searching a text by opening Pdf files
When you need to find text in a pdf file, you can use the below method. It is
- At first, you have to open a pdf file by using pdf viewer or Adobe Acrobat.
- Then you can press ctrl+F button on the keyboard at the same time.
- Then you can type the text you want to search and click ‘Enter’.
2. Using Adobe Acrobat without opening Pdf files
Adobe Acrobat has a feature. In this method, we have to use this special feature.
- At first, you have to open or launch the ‘Adobe Acrobat’ application on your PC.
- You can get all the list of files there. Then you have to go to the ‘Edit’ option which is top of the screen.
- A drop-down menu will appear. You have to select ‘Advance Search’ from it.
- A pop-up screen will appear. You have to go to ‘Where would you like to search?’ There you have to select ‘All the pdf documents from the following two options.
- Then there will be one more option. You have to select ‘case sensitive’ there.
- You have to click on the ‘Search’ button.
- You can now type the word and that’s how you can find the text.
3. Using Windows Search to find text in pdf
- For this, you have to search ‘control panel’ at bottom of your search option.
- Then you have to go to indexing options and click on ‘Advanced’.
- You have to select the ‘File types’ tab.
- Here you can click on ‘pdf file’.
- Then you have to select ‘Index Properties and File contents’.
- Then you can press ok.
- After this, you have to go to indexing options again.
- You have to select ‘Modify’ in this.
- You can select the folder of pdf files and click ‘ok’.
- After this, you can directly search for the text of pdf files on your PC
4. Using Applications or Software to find text in pdf files
There are several applications like Foxit, Seekfast, and Ultra Finder that can be used to find text in pdf files. You can use any of it to find text in multiple pdf files.
Pdf files are one of the necessities nowadays in every work. You have to know every use of it to use it more effectively. You can need any feature at any time. Finding a text in pdf files is one pdf file is one of the easiest ways to find a particular pdf file. You can find a text for any other use. With or without opening a pdf there are various methods to find text. So you can use any of them. You can also encrypt and decrypt pdf files easily. Splitting of large PDF files is another imporant thing. Now we hope that you won’t find any difficulties on how to search text in multiple PDF files.