A fax machine is an old machine which is used to send documents. They are connected like telephone lines. The scanned or printed materials are generally transmitted by telephone lines. Nowadays people use emails or other online services to send important documents. But some government offices still use fax to receive their data.
The fax machine works in a harder way than the online systems. First, the sender makes a call in a particular number to send data. When the receiver receives the call, the document will be transmitted. The documents have to be typed, printed out, and then scanned into the machine. After calling, the receiver has to print out the scanned document. It is more or less like a client and server model.
Nowadays most people do not have fax machines to send the documents. But some offices only accept faxed documents. For this reason, people use online faxing or other methods. The reasons to use fax are:
- Sometimes, sending emails can be unsafe because of various types of cyberattacks. Many people can hack or see valuable information in an email. But fax can be safe in this.
- Many offices accept only hardcopy for documents.
- You can know this old technology and can be able to use it for many uses.
So there are other ways we can send or receive fax without using any fax machine. The methods are described below.
1. Send Fax by Computers
Microsoft’s Windows OS or Operating System has an option to send a fax without any application. For this, you need a phone line connected to a computer or fax modem. Also, you need a phone connection to tell the people to stay beside the fax machine when you are sending a fax.
The idea of sending a fax with this method is not very convenient. But it is very useful for old computer users who have already a telephone connection with their computer.
2. Send Fax Using Digital File
The process is very easy and basic.
- First, you have to scan the document. You can scan it with the help of a scanner or any app just like fingerprint scanners.
- After the document is ready on your computer, you can use any service which can do fax for you.
3. Send Fax Online
Online fax is very convenient. You can send fax anytime anywhere online. You don’t need any extra machines or hardware for online faxing. Also, nothing has to be printed out in this method. You can send fax online by various methods. The methods are described below.
4. Send Fax by Free Application
- First, you have to download and install FAX.PLUS.
- After downloading, you have to create account in the application.
- Then you have to enter Send Fax.
- You have to enter receiver’s fax number in the box ‘In’.
- You have to select ‘Add File’ to attach the file you want to send.
- Then you have to click Send to send the file.
- Thus you can send file in your PC with the free application.
5. Send File by Email
You can send an email to a fax machine. Did you know that you can unsend an email! Email to fax is the easiest way. You have to download the free application of fax on your computer. The next steps are described below.
- At first, you have to open Gmail.
- Then you have to click on Compose to type a new Gmail.
- In the field, you have to type the receiver’s fax number.
- You have to attach the document you want to send.
- Then the fax will be sent to the receiver.
Then you can send the Gmail to fax machine.
6. Send File From Outlook
The fax can be sent from outlook. Like all other methods, first, you have to download and install the free fax application. For this, you have to open your account in outlook. The steps to send fax via outlook are the same as the steps of Gmail. You have to open outlook instead of Gmail.
There are many advantages to send a fax without a fax machine. If you have an internet connection, then you can send and receive fax free of cost. You don’t have to spend any extra expense and it is easily manageable. The methods can be more secure than email or any other process. The processes are easy and convenient for anyone. If you are a MAC user, then you can this free Fax app.