If you are a new Windows 10 user, then you might face trouble uninstalling apps. Though the process of uninstalling apps is simple, new windows 10 users often find it hard. There are some ways to do it. In this article, I am gonna show you how to uninstall Windows 10 apps.
How to Uninstall Windows 10 Apps
There are different ways to uninstall an app in windows 10, like –
- From start screen
- From settings
- Uninstalling built in windows 10 apps
Lets learn in depth.
From Start Screen
This is the simplest way to uninstall apps in windows 10. If you have just started to use windows 10 and you need to know the process of uninstalling apps, then follow the below instructions.
- Click on the windows icon in the lower left corner of your screen. You can also find windows button on your keyboard.
- You will find all your installed apps there. The most used apps will appear first on the list. Find the app you want to uninstall.
- Now you have two options.
- Tap and hold on the app and then click on the three dots in the lower right corner. Select ‘More options’ and then click uninstall. The app will be uninstalled within a few moments.
- If you have a mouse or trackpad, the task is easier than before. Just right-click on the app and then click uninstall. It can take a few moments to be done.
In case of some built-in apps, you won’t find the option ‘uninstall’. If you want to uninstall any build in the app, then scroll down to find my instructions here to do the task.
From Settings and System
In app settings, you will find all your installed apps. You can search a specific app you want to uninstall or you can sort all your apps according to name, size or installation date. Just follow the below instructions to uninstall the app you want to.
- At first go to Start Menu by clicking windows icon on your home screen or click on the windows button on your keyboard.
- There you find settings in the lower left corner and click on it.
- Click on ‘system’ and you will find ‘apps and features’. Click on it.
- If you have done all those above steps accordingly, then you should see the image like below. All your installed apps will appear here. Find your desired app by searching for search option or find it manually by scrolling up-down.
- After finding your desired app, click on it and then you can see option ‘uninstall’. Click on it and after a few moments, you will be done.
As I said before, for some built-in apps, you won’t find ‘uninstall’ option.
There is a cool windows 10 feature you know – sync windows 10 settings through which you will be able to sync all of your settings from your different devices.
How to Uninstall Build-in Windows 10 apps
There are many apps in windows 10 installed automatically when you install windows 10 for the first time in your computer like Calculator, Calendar, Microsoft edge, OneNote, Cortana etc. Those build in apps requires a specific way to be uninstalled rather than the other normal way of uninstalling apps from windows 10. If you want to uninstall any of those builds in apps, then follow the below instructions. But still, now you cannot uninstall some most important built-in apps like Cortana, Microsoft Edge etc. If you try to uninstall those apps trying bellow steps, you will get an error message.
Before uninstalling any built-in app, you should keep in mind it can cause trouble. Many built-in apps are pre-installed to make your computer’s Security and Privacy better. So if you have not faced any trouble with those apps, I recommend you not to uninstall any of them.
Step-1: At first open Powershell. You can find Powershell in various ways. Just follow one of them described below:
- Press windows+X button to find Powershell and choose ‘Windows PowerShell (Admin)’ option.
- Open Run prompt by pressing windows+R and write Powershell, then hit enter. Right-click on the Powershell and select ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- You can also search Powershell in the search box and then right click on the PowerShell, select ‘Run as administrator’ option.
Step-2: There are some commands to uninstall build in apps. Write down the specific command of each app you want to uninstall and hit enter. Then your app will be uninstalled.
Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *windowscamera* | Remove-AppxPackage
- 3D builder
Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Alarms and clock
Get-AppxPackage *windowsalarms* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Calendar and mail.
Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Get office
Get-AppxPackage *officehub* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *windowsmaps* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Voice recorder
Get-AppxPackage *soundrecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *bingsports* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *one-note* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *bingnews* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Microsoft Solitaire Collection
Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *bingfinance* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Groove music
Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Get started
Get-AppxPackage *getstarted* | Remove-AppxPackage
- Get Skype
Get-AppxPackage *skypeapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
For uninstalling any apps that you have installed before, simply follow method 1 or 2. By following method 3, if you cannot uninstall any app you want, then maybe Microsoft have not given access to uninstall it by users. You can uninstall all your installed apps except built-in apps by following method 1 or 2 and it won’t make you any trouble.