‘How to write a Blog post?’ is a common question among newborn writers who want to start blogging and even after writing a blog post, some of the bloggers must be wondering why isn’t there any output even after starting blogging? It is because you need to know about some promotional strategies. So here I am going to tell you how to write and promote a blog post in 2022.
How to Write a Blog Post
It takes a lot of effort to be a strong writer. It needs lots of reading to be a writer. So if you want to start blogging, I have mentioned few things below to keep in mind
- Identify your audience: Before actually writing a blog post, know your niche and identify the targeted audience. You should know what audience you want to target, what your people want to see. People always want to see content they want to know. They will not be interested in what you want to say. The goal is not to figure out what topics are popular but to figure out what the audience wants to know. For that, you can always take the help of
- Google autocomplete: as you type a sentence, google starts displaying different suggestions on the basis of what millions of people are searching for the most.
- Quora: there are many different types of questions on quora. This strategy may tell you what an audience really wants to know.
- Ask people: if you have a good amount of followers, them conduct a poll and ask people what they want to know
- Always write a catchy headline: Your headline, as well as introduction, should be really catchy. If you can grab 15 seconds of viewers attention, then the audience is yours! So, always focus on the catchy headline as well as the introduction.
- Try to tell a story that is catchy and relatable to the audience: Stories are something that everyone loves. Try telling a captivating story that is catchy and relatable to your audience. It will maintain your relationship with them. It helps in grabbing the attention of your readers. Narrate it as if it is a movie with a proper climax and characters.
- Be authentic and thoughtful: Be unique, be on your own. Your blog should be something that is on your own and connects with the viewers. No one wants to see content that is copy-paste.
- Thoughtfully design your layout: people get attracted to what is appealing to them. So, use lots of images to engage your viewers visually too. Use proper format while blogging, optimize your layout and use appropriate font size, margins and spacing, which should look presentable.
- Make your posts mobile-friendly: make posts that can be seen through mobile as youngsters use mobile more than other devices. Make your posts shareable too. It will also help others to share your content that will increase your reach.
- Quality over quantity: Along with your blogs’ consistency, quality should be focussed more. People want to see quality content nowadays, not quantity.
- Be statistical: Add statistics to your blog. Original data and statistics may differentiate your blog from others.
How to Promote a Blog Post
So, after knowing how to write a blog, promotion is the key aspect in order to increase the audience.
- Promote with email marketing: According to studies, Email marketing has an average open rate of 22.71%, which is huge. Following are the steps to promote your blog with email marketing.
- Build an email list: Make an email list and mail all of the people about your blog along with the link. People will click on the link to see the kind of blog as 99% of the people check their emails regularly.
- Send plain and simple emails: According to experts, your mail should be simple and straightforward as they work the best. Write the mail as if you are writing a letter to your friends and add a link below it.
- Resend emails that are not opened: if you are not getting enough results, then simply just change the subject of your mail and after 5-7 days, send it again to the no-openers.
- Promote your blog using social media: Nowadays, social media is highly in use, and most of us use social media. Following are some steps to keep in mind while posting on social media.
- Post content worth saving: You need quality content as people wouldn’t like your content if it doesn’t give some kind of knowledge to them. So, try to post content worth saving.
- Post at best times: Post the content at the time at which your viewers are more active. Many social media apps like Instagram tell you when your followers are most active. So post your content at the best time at which your audience is free and active most.
- Post on the right platforms: As you make content, post it on the right social media platforms. Many people tend to use few social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter.
- Scheduling your posts: As a blogger, most of your time is spent on promoting rather than writing it. So prepare your post before a week or so to make your time management a little bit easier.
- Add tweetable quotes to your content: Add quotes that can be tweeted so that your viewers can share them on Twitter and other social media platforms. This will help your content to be promoted with just a little extra effort.
Promote Your Blog With Paid Marketing
- Promote already successful content: Want an easy way to get more from ads? Simple, promote your blog, which is already successful. Go for run ads for your social media post or blog article that is already successful.
- Run retargeting campaigns: in retargeting, your ads will be shown to the people who have already visited your site. By this, your cost-through rate (CTR) will be high, and the cost per click will be much less.
- Smart audience booster tool: Looking for a smart audience booster tool, there are many web applications available, and most of the tools come with features like page performance, website clicks, blog hits and many more features which you are looking for.
Many people want to take up blogging as a professional career. But sometimes, it is very difficult to know how to write a blog. And even after writing it, getting no result? So mentioned above were some key points while writing and promoting a blog. Read a lot and write what your audience wants to see, make it presentable, be authentic, quality matters, start your blog with a catchy headline and introduction that could engage your audience. Promote your blog using email marketing, social media marketing, paid marketing. It will help in getting more reach. So guys, Happy blogging!