Do you think Fossil is a good smartwatch? Or, are you searching for a comparatively inexpensive way to pick the best watch? Then follow our best watch’s microscopic study ever than before. Depending on the model & compatible features, such as best performance, fitness & style – the Fossil smartwatch has been accepted by global consumers as a convenient wearable technology. Based on the individual requirements, you should seek such a best multisport gps smartwatch that is perfect for kayaking, walking, running, hiking & cycling.
Having a wide variety of handy features with minimal drawbacks, Fossil has proven a time worthy smartwatch series which exceeded every time with its innovation from its inception of the traditional watch since 1984.
Which Is the Best Fossil Smartwatch?
Depending on the usability features, it’s upon you how to choose your best Fossil smartwatch. There are some broad categories of Fossil watches. They are mainly –Gen 5>Sport>Gen 4> Hybrid HR>Hybrids, etc. I here categorize into this way-
-Best performance with the best style.
-Best value with handy features & economical price.
If you deserve exclusive style & enriched with multifunctional performances wrist wearing, then, your pick should be the Fossil Gen 5 & Gen 4. Carlyne & Julianna are the latest announcements of this Gen 5 watch. Where the former is for men & later is fashionable & suggested for women.
To meet the best & economic value your choice may be Fossil gen 4 venture. If you are searching for the best sports performance-based watch, then Hybrid watch as Fossil Commuter sport is right for you.
What Can You Do With a Fossil Smartwatch?
- In the recent CES 2020, global manufacturers & consumers recognized that Fossil Gen 5 smartwatches offer the latest wearable multi technological handy features. The focal range of those are- heart rate tracking(HR) for monitoring your daily or weekly fitness goal, answering phone calls, phone notifications, Google pay, GPS/GLONASS for tracking while wandering in the remote world & also backed by Google Assistant.
- The workout mode, such as- Swolf (Swimming + Golf) mode & rapid sport change mode( as walking to running) are very helpful for the wearer. Google assistant by your voice command is a very exclusive feature now in the Fossil Smartwatch.
- Near Field Communication (NFC) offers many nearby facilities with Google pay or another contactless payment option, such as opening a web page, etc.
- The touch screen & right sided button are very responsive plus convenient to use. The sleek design with the rounded bezel is very lightweight & rugged. Built-in 512 to 1 GB RAM & different storage sizes with the third-party apps are featured with all tech geek features.
- Speaker with the sound alert system never misses our essential reminders. Fossil Sport Commuter smartwatch works with a traditional button -connected via Bluetooth. It’s faster charging with a Magnetic charger is also exceptional, complete charging takes less than an hour.
- Its hybrid watches are paired with the Fossil Hybrid App. It’s a convenient Wear OS app by Google.
Since 2017, the series of Fossil Q Wander, Fossil Q Marshal & later on Fossil Q Founder 2.0 smartwatch allows using necessary third-party apps without keeping your phone nearby. It’s a significant jumping step forward of the smartwatch generation for all kinds of remote & adventure-loving users, such as a distance kayaking, hiking, etc.
Is a Fossil Smartwatch Waterproof?
All Fossil smartwatches are water resistant & waterproof. The latest Gen Five models are 30 meters or 3 ATM water ratings in the water body or protective from unwanted splash with water. Fossil sport & Fossil Commuters are 50 or meters or 5 ATM water rating.
Can You Make Calls on the Fossil Smartwatch?
Yes & yes. The Fossil Gen-5 has a built-in microphone & speaker. You can easily make calls through it or talk via Bluetooth pairing contactless speakers. In 2017, Fossil introduced its Fossil Q Founder 2.0, which enabled us to take phone calls with the latest android wearable most significant updates.
Which Smartwatch Is Better, Fossil or Samsung?
Is Fossil better or Samsung better? The best answer may be found by digging their comparative physical (Hardware) & internal system (Software) analysis.
- Both Samsung & Fossil have aluminum steel better than stainless steel used in the Apple Watch.
- Samsung has no touch-sensitive rotating bezel, but it is a regular feature of the Fossil watch.
- The most visible three right-sided buttons are a convenient feature of the Fossil. Because when the finger becomes sweat & slippery using the touch screen, then those buttons are extremely helpful. On the other hand, very small & one or a maximum of two buttons are available in the Samsung watch.
- There is a speaker option of The Fossil Gen-5, but the speaker lacks in the latest Samsung Watch Active 2 or any prior models, including the Samsung Gear smartwatch series.
- Samsung has no third-party app ecosystem, but Fossil is supported by your required apps plus Google Assistant backed up.
- The watch faces of Samsung are complicated than the Fossil.
- No built-in Facebook /Twitter or email apps are in the Samsung watch. You need to install the first Galaxy Wearable app then find a Samsung watch. But these apps are very available in the Fossil “Gen -5” watches.
Moreover, less memory(4 GB maximum) & little RAM are standard features of the Samsung watches. But, Fossil offers 8 GB maximum storage & high configured RAM than Samsung watch. Furthermore, more than android wear OS; Fossil has its own operating system, which gives a fantastic experience than wear OS. Fossil Hybrid HR is that kind of series. Though, the recently released watch Active 2 is powered with Samsung’s own Custom Tizen software, which is compatible with android OS.
Can You Text With the Fossil Smartwatch?
The built-in latest android software syncs easily with Google account & enable sending & receiving the text message. Moreover, Fossil Gen 5 uses the LTE/ Long Term Evolution mechanism to send & receive a text message.
Getting an LTE mechanism is the most recent trend of the smartwatch, which enables users to receive & messaging without getting connected with the phone. Moreover, it assists in operating their android cell phone functionalities even if it is in their home. Out of those, making calls, streaming music, texting messages, etc. are mentionable.
Fossil smartwatch comes with an array of the most cutting edge side of the latest technological era. It relieves you the unhandy worry of the wrist gadget. Nearly half a dozen rubber bands with multiple stylish colors – blush/gold/rose with touch screen & button control, Fossil smartwatch is now globally reviewed as a trusted & the best wear OS wristwatch.
Global watch brands are now following Fossil as Lexington 2, Bradshaw-2, by Michael Kors Access. Though some models of Fossil have unsatisfactory battery life, if you search for the best value, best style with funky performance, then starting price around &130$ Fossil Explorist HR or the $300 for Fossil Gen 5 smartwatch should be in your shortlisted.