Are you troubleshooting some kind of windows problem? You need to re-install windows for your problem to be solved!!! Then this article is for you. And obviously, I believe the term ‘Windows 10 reset’ is being very important for you then. Don’t worry and chill; through this article, you will get whatever you need in this regard.
Table of Contents
What is Windows 10 Resetting
If your computer isn’t running the same way that it should, i. e, you have some windows problem, slowing down OS, or even some resource errors, Windows 10 resetting has the answer. Windows 8 also has this facility but with windows 10 it has come into our computers in a new way. Without using a disc or pen drive, then re-installing of windows is called the resetting of windows. By resetting windows, all of your settings will return to their defaults and all of your apps will be uninstalled. So you need to know exactly when and why you should reset your windows 10. Also, check this article if you’re facing Windows reset errors.
When and Why You Should Reset Your Windows 10 PC
Reset this PC is almost always like the last resort to fix your computer.
Resetting Windows 10 PC is a wonderful choice when the error looks to be windows-related and all other troubleshooting has failed anyway, and roll back the PC to its factory state.
For example, say you’re troubleshooting a major problem after a windows update and now Windows 10 won’t start correctly. You’ve done everything you can think of to fix the problem, searched on the Internet for advice, and you’re left with no more ideas. At this point, Reset This PC is your lifesaver, a guaranteed fix for a really frustrating problem.
When a web page doesn’t load, your wireless mouse isn’t connecting, or you haven’t even tried restarting your computer to fix an annoying error message, Reset This PC probably isn’t the way to go. So you have to be 120% sure whether it is efficient as well as effective to meet up your need or not.
Ways to Reset Your Windows
Reset This PC is pretty easy to use. Usually, the most difficult thing to figure out is how to get to the right place for getting it started.
- Go to settings.
- Select Update and Security.
- ’Click recovery’ on the upper left side.
- Windows show you three major options.
Step-1: Reset this PC
Step-2: Go back to an earlier build
Step-3: Advanced setup.
Step-4: Among these,’ Reset this PC’ is the best option for you to start fresh. Advanced startup lets you boot off a recovery USB drive or disc and “Go to an earlier build” is made for Windows Insiders who want to move back to a previous version of the operating system.
- Click ‘Get Started’ in Reset this
- Click either ‘Keep my files’ or ‘Remove everything’
Depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact or not, you should select. Either way, all of your settings will return to their defaults and apps will be uninstalled.
- Next, if you choose “remove everything” in the prior step, then you will get ‘Just remove my files’ and ‘Remove files and clean the drive’. You can select as your wish. Cleaning the drive takes a lot longer but will make sure that, if you are giving the computer away, the next person will find it hard when recovering your erased files. If you are keeping the computer, choose “Just remove my files.”
- Click ‘Next‘, if windows warn you that you won’t be able to switch to the prior version.
- Click ‘Reset’ when asked.
Windows will restart and take some time to reset itself.
- Click ‘Continue’ when asked.
Windows 10 will reinstall itself without any drive or disc. That’s the magic of resetting windows 10.
Why Resetting Windows 10 is Better Rather Than Installing New Windows
- I think that you have learned already what you should Should you install new windows or should you just reset it instead of re-installing? I personally find it very obvious that the ‘Windows 10 reset’ option is a boon for us. You don’t need any disc or external drive for re-installing. The function of resetting is already solving your problems with windows. This will save you time as well as is trouble-free and comfortable. That’s why most of the time, resetting windows 10 is always better than installing windows.
- Moreover, if you don’t know how to install windows on your PC using the disc, but you need to solve your windows problem, the’ Reset this PC’ option is the best thing for you.
- The user and function complexity are lesser in resetting windows than that of installing the windows.
- It can be the resort of the emergency
I think these reasons are enough to convince you to use the ‘Reset this PC’ option rather than installing new windows. Again if you face a problem, then read this article named ‘There Was a Problem Resetting Your Windows 10 PC’ which we hope will clear all your doubts.
Things to Keep in Mind if You Reset Your PC
You should be very careful whenever you are using the option of ‘Reset this PC’. Please keep in mind, as I have mentioned earlier, Reset this PC will remove all of your apps that were installed and also remove all of your settings; will make them their default one. So if you want them like before, you have to do it by yourself after resetting the windows.
Choose the transition options with care. Such as- you should be conscious when you are choosing an option like ‘Keep my files’ or ‘Remove everything’. If you click ‘keep my files’, your files will be there for you. If you click ‘Remove everything’, all of your files would be gone. So be careful with your own data safety.
You should choose ‘Reset this PC’ very wisely. If you are facing some minor errors of PC and without trying even Restart option you want to use ‘Reset this PC’ option, I will honestly say that it’s actually frustrating and pathetic. So you should use the resetting option wisely and exactly at the right time.
We are almost at the end of this writing. I think this one has been helpful for you. And I know that you also realize the fact that ‘Windows 10 Reset’ is a wonderful and more than that a helpful feature for all the users. Obviously, it will save you your time and trouble. As the technologies are for our comforts, ‘Windows 10 reset’ has done that quite comfortably regarding fixing the windows problems.
I hope that you have got whatever you came to find here. Thank you and best of luck in using the Windows 10 reset facility.