Although it can be used for internet connection as well, people mainly use it to connect their TV to satellite cable. Back in the day, it was the only way to connect your television to the world. However, things have changed in the past few years and coax cables are no longer the go-to things for TVs.
So, if your TV didn’t come with a coax input and you were wondering how to connect coaxial cable to the TV without coax input, we’ve got the answer for you. You can use a digital converter box to connect coaxial cable to the TV without coax input.
How to do it? we’ve explained it all below.
What Is Coaxial Cable
Coaxial cable is a special type of cable for its structure. The coaxial cable has three layers. It has an inner conductor and an insulating layer. The inner conductor is covered with the insulating layer. The outer part is again surrounded by a conductive shielding. Sometimes, the cable consists of an insulating outer jacket. There are mainly five types of coaxial cable. The types are hardline coaxial cable, RG-6 coaxial cable, Semi-Rigid coaxial cable, and Tri-axial cable.
Hardline cables normally provide high signal strength. The hardline cables are mostly used in radio transmitters and other devices. This cable is around half-inch thick. The RG-6 coaxial cable is used for relaying cable TV and other signals. You should choose the proper TV for your setup.
How to Connect Coaxial Cable to TV Without Coaxial Input
In modern technology, generally, all TV is made with coaxial input. So, it becomes very easy to connect the coaxial cable with this input port. You should check the coax cable beforehand. But, still, there are sometimes missing coaxial input. Then, it becomes difficult to connect the cable to the TV. There are several methods by which you can connect your coaxial cable to the TV without any coaxial input. The methods are given below:
Use a Digital Converter Box to Do it
In this process, a converter box is used to connect the cable to the TV without coaxial input. The steps of this method are given below:
- In the converter box, there is a coaxial connection port. The first thing that you have to do is, search the connection port, and attach the coaxial cable to the port.
- You have to connect the cable with the connection port very tightly. Otherwise, there will occur connection loss and there will be no connection between the cable and converter box.
- Then, you have to connect the RCA cable that will allow you to listen to the radio. You have to attach this RCA cable to the RCA ports of the connector device.
- Now, you have to attach the other end of the cable to the applicable port of your TV. This port consists of the video input mode.
- After doing so, you have to power one of the TV.
- Finally, you have to press the “input” button of the remote. Then, you have to choose the “Video” option.
Connect Coaxial Cable with Indoor Antenna FYI
FYI is such an indoor antenna that allows you to set up a coaxial connection without rooftop antennas. This antenna also helps you to attach cables to your TV. In this process, you need an antenna for indoor use. You have to hook up that antenna with a coaxial cable. The steps are given below to connect the coaxial cable to the TV:
- First, you have to power off your TV.
- Then, when the TV is turned off, you have to attach one end of the coaxial cable into the “RF IN” port of the TV.
- Now, you have to connect the other end of the coaxial cable to the output jack of the antenna.
- Now, you have to fasten the metal end at each side of the coaxial cable to make the connection tight.
- After doing so, you have the plugin of the power source to the indoor antenna.
- Finally, you have to power on the TV and enjoy it.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Do all TVs have coax input?
All modern TVs should have coax input as well as RCA and HDMI input. However, some modern smart TVs can lack the coax input, in that case, use the HDMI or a converter.
Can I convert HDMI to coaxial cable?
Yes, if you want to reap the benefits of HDMI input in your TV that doesn’t have an HDMI connector, use HDMI to coax converter.
Can I use cable coax as TV antenna?
Yes, you can use cable coax as TV antenna, it should theoretically work. however, the signal it can receive is too little and can be unsafe.
In this article, you have been guided about how to connect a coaxial cable to the TV without coax input. These methods will help you to connect the cable. Using the converter, you can save a great deal of money too, because you don’t have to update your entire system. Good luck.
Subscribe to our newsletter
& plug into
the world of technology