Google Docs introduced an exciting new way to use word-processing applications. Not only it allows for seamless editing, but you can also access hundreds of fonts without having to install them physically.
Adding a new font can give your project a whole new look. So how to add fonts to Google Docs? You use the built-in font changer or you install a font-changing plugin. Let’s explain.
How to Add Fonts To Google Docs
There are several types of fonts to attract viewers. Some are available on the home page of Google Docs whereas others are not. To avail both categories of fonts the ways are discussed here.
How to Access the Built-in Fonts
If you want to use the fonts which are available on the main page of the fonts of Google Docs, you can use them easily. The way to use them in your documents is described below.
- At first you have to open Google Docs in your device.
- Then you have to click on ‘New’ icon. You can create your document or open the desired document.
- There will be a toolbar on top of the screen. You have to click on ‘More fonts’.
- There will be a long range of fonts shown in the left column. You have to select one of them that you want to add to your document.
- After selecting the desired font, you can select ‘OK’.
- The font will be added to the document. Then you can save the doc.
Get Fonts Online
There are many fonts that are not available on Google Docs’ main page. But the fonts are in the Google Doc. You need to know the way to avail the fonts in Google Docs. For this, you can use dafont. The method is described below.
- At first you need to go to dafont website. You need to search www.dafont.com in your device’s web browser.
- A page of dafont will be appeared on the screen. You have to select a font type from the top of the page.
- Then some fonts will be appeared which is under the category you selected.
- You can click on the font you want. Then you can select the ‘Download’ icon from the screen.
- Then you can save the file in the location you want in your device.
- After this you have to go to the file and click on it. Then you can select ‘Extract all the files’ option.
- Then you have to click on the extracted folder to open it.
- You have to right click on the file and a drop down menu will be appeared. You have to select ‘install’ from the options.
- To use the font the Google doc should be installed in your device.
- Then you can open the document in Google Doc and the fonts will be available to use the ‘More fonts’ option.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
How do I add more fonts to Google Docs app?
Add Extensis extension to your web browser to access even more fonts to Google Docs.
How do I copy a link to a font in Google Fonts?
Go to fonts.google.com. there you can copy a link to fonts in Google Fonts.
Google Docs is a popular word processor nowadays. There are many fonts that can be used in Google Docs. But you cannot custom any font to use in Google Docs. There is a wide variety of fonts that can be used in many fields you want. You can choose it according to your document category. You can avail of it easily from dafont.