A modern person does not need to have bulky scanners to scan various important PDF files. Nowadays, most smartphones have good cameras. Therefore, you can easily and effectively scan documents using a mobile scanner. Just download from the App Store and enjoy the efficiency and speed of the scanning process.
Some of the benefits of popular scanning iPhone apps are that they allow accessing documents from the cloud. They have useful editing features. Some even have built-in OCR support. If you want to know how to choose the best phone scan app, be sure to get valuable tips in this review. Below is a list of criteria that you should pay attention to. Consider each criterion carefully and choose a good app for scanning already today!
Criteria for Choosing the Best Mobile Scanner
Here are the 5 most important criteria on which your choice should be based:
- Scan quality. If a scanning application is not capable of creating a good image, then there is no point in using it, right? The mobile scanning app you choose should easily take high-resolution images on various smartphones and tablets. And no matter what you’re scanning (a whiteboard, a magazine article, a drawing, etc.), you should receive a quality digital version in each particular case. Other characteristics of the best scanning applications include the ability to remove unnecessary marks, use a variety of image editing tools, straighten the image taken at an angle, etc. The advantage of a scanning app for Apple is the ability to perform automatic optimization of your file;
- Support for text recognition. If you need to regularly scan text documents and save files in different formats, the scanning application you use must support OCR technology for accurate identification. Make sure every bit of text is displayed correctly in the scanned document. Great if you can convert it to an editable and searchable file;
- Available editing options. After scanning a document, editorial changes are often required. You may need to make changes to the text, highlight an important paragraph, mark the place where the recipient must sign, and so on. So, choose mobile apps that allow you to edit scanned texts. Otherwise, the use of a separate specific program with the ability to edit PDF files will be required;
- Lots of export options. With a good scanning app, sharing what you’ve scanned with colleagues or friends is very easy. In addition to the large number of ways to share a document, you should also be able to synchronize it with a cloud service, print it, or send it to a specific fax address;
- Ease of use. The scanning app should help but not to hinder. Give preference to one that has a user-friendly and intuitive interface and all options are clearly marked. You should have no difficulty finding export and editing options. Running a scan should also be easy.
Mobile Scanning Apps for iPhone That Deserve Your Attention
If you have carefully studied the above criteria, then you will certainly not have any difficulties in finding a good mobile application for scanning PDF files. If you’re still having trouble finding it, take a look at the selection below. Here is a short list of apps that you really should try:
- PDF Scanner App. This application is undoubtedly the best for scanning on Android. It scans documents, contacts, business cards, receipts, notes, certificates, IDs, and so on. The application provides users with the ability to improve scanning, that is, make editorial changes, and comments, extract text from images, and many other functions. It is possible to synchronize documents across platforms. Support for various cloud storage services (Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, etc.) is provided. The application has a simple and intuitive interface, so it is suitable even for those users who are not very versed in modern technologies and programs. A distinctive advantage of the application is that it is free of charge, and its functions are diverse;
- ScanBot. This application for Apple is usually used for scanning various types of documents of the highest quality (at over 200 dpi). It scans everything you need, including business cards, documents, bills, receipts, tickets, and so on. Once the scanning is completed, the user can sign or annotate the document. Files can be easily saved to DropBox, OneDrive, Evernote, etc. The “Share” feature is available. ScanBot is available in both paid and free versions. The feature set of the paid version is wider;
- Genius scan. The app offers several interesting technologies such as intelligent page detection, improvements for high-quality scanning, etc. A great number of page layouts (A3, A4, A5, Business Card, Letter, Legal, etc.) are supported. Backup and restoration of scanned data are provided. The advantage of the application is scanning both in PDF and JPG format, as well as performing several scans at the same time. Genius Scan is also available in free (with limited functionality) and paid Plus versions. The paid version provides the ability to export to the most popular cloud services, including OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, etc.
So, in this review, we have listed the criteria for choosing the best PDF scanning application. We hope that now you understand what you need to pay attention to in order to make the right choice. We have also described the 3 most popular mobile scanning apps. You can use one of them, each has its own characteristics. But in our opinion PDF Scanner App stands out from the others. It is free and has unique functionality.