Windows 10 is full of new features, strong security, and privacy. This update is available on most of the computers which are available on the market. But sometimes these updates can be difficult to use for some users. When people use older versions of Windows, they use some programs every day. They become compatible with them. But when they update their PC to Windows 10, most of the older software or program does not run. It becomes a problem for them. So it is necessary to run these programs in Windows 10. To do this, you have to do some changes to our PC.
Methods to Run Old Programs on Windows 10
There are some methods we will discuss here to make your PC Compatible to run older programs on Windows 10.
By Running Compatibility Troubleshooter
- At first you have to select Start menu which is bottom of the display.
- Then you have to type ‘Run programs made for previous version of Windows’ and select it.
- A page will be opened. You have to click on ‘Advanced’ on this.
- Then you can select ‘Run as administrator’.
- After this you have to click on Next.
- It will take some time. Then if you don’t see the program you want to run, then you have to select ‘Not listed’ option and click on Next.
- Then you have to select ‘Browse’ and find the program from C drive that you want to run. It is generally under Program Files folder.
- After finding it you have to select the program and then click on ‘Open’.
- You have to select ‘Try Recommended settings’ option.
- Then you have to select ‘Test the Program’
- Then you can click on ‘Next’.
- After testing, you can select ‘Yes, save these setting for the program’.
- Finally you can select ‘Close’.
By Changing Compatibility Mode
You can also use this method instead of using a troubleshooter. A troubleshooter does not always work. So this process can be helpful. The steps of this process are given below.
- At first you have to select Start menu.
- Then you have to type the name of the program you want to run
- You have to right-click on the program
- A drop down menu will be appeared. You have to click on Open file location.
- Then you have to right click on the program on the location.
- From the drop down menu you have to select Properties.
- A dialogue box will be opened. You have to select Compatibility.
- You have to select the box beside Run this program in compatibility mode
- Below it you have to select the Windows version that was worked for the program.
- Then you can click on Apply.
- After this you can click Ok to finish the process.
It becomes quite a problem for people to run older programs on the updated versions of PC. Sometimes older software can be more useful than updated software. These two easy processes can help people to run any old program to run on Windows 10.