Google Assistant is a feature that helps us to search and fix what is wanted easily. But sometimes it can create problems. It does generally when using an android smartphone. The Google assistant opens up while working in the middle of any work. It is sometimes annoying. To stop these instances you can stop Google assistant from popping up. So, how to stop Google Assistant? Follow the instructions given below.
Google assistant is featured in Google. It was first featured in 2016 in Google messaging app named Allo. Then it is featured on Android in 2017. It is developed to work with small smart devices we use. It comes with mobile, speaker, etc.
Google Assistant is a feature of artificial intelligence. It works with a conversation. It can talk with you in the natural voice of humans. Also, it can work with the keyboard input alongside talking. This Assistant works with conversation and connects you with Google in terms of any kind of search. Also, it can fix many things in the place of you such as fixing any meeting, fixing alarm, calling someone, playing songs, doing any calculations, sending money. Basically, it does many things and makes things easier for you during your busy schedule. It looks like the future is here, right?
How can Google Assistant be Annoying?
This happens usually with smartphones. It can happen sometimes but not always. When you press the home button a bit longer or during typing anything it can appear on the screen. In the middle of some important work, it can be popped up from nowhere. So it is annoying sometimes. You might not need Google Assistant or not need it all the time. So for this, you can silent this or turn off this.
Methods to Turn Off Google Assistant
There are some ways you can turn off Google Assistant like turning off background apps on phones. Either you can turn it off completely or silence it for some time.
1. Turn off Google Assistant
You can deactivate the Google Assistant if you don’t need it anymore. It is like turning off Cortana on Windows. For this, you have to follow the steps.
- At first, you have to launch the Google Assistant on your phone screen.
- You have to click on the option which is like a hamburger on the bottom of the right corner.
- Then you have to click on your profile image.
- You have to select the settings option.
- Then you can tap on the tab of Assistant.
- You can reach the Assistant device option.
- Under the options, you have to select the Phone option.
- Then you can change the slider from on to of which is beside the Google Assistant option.
This is the way you can turn off Google Assistant. It won’t be popped on your phone screen anymore.
2. Turn off the Support Button
Sometimes you need Google Assistant but not always. Think about Cortana on Windows. You don’t need to fully uninstall or disable it rather you can just remove it from the taskbar. You can avoid the annoying incident of popping up this because of tapping the home screen a bit longer. So in this way, Google Assistant will not appear accidentally. You have to follow the following steps for this. They are
- First, you have to go to the settings option of your phone.
- Then you have to find out the option of Button shortcuts. In the device, it is found on the Additional Settings.
- After this you have to click on Launch Google Assistant.
- You can select none in this.
After this, Google Assistant will not be appeared because of the pressing of a home button a bit longer. But you can still use Google Assistant after going into the browser.
3. Going to the Previous Version
In this option, you can go to the version of Google where Google Assistant does not exist on the phone. For this, you have to uninstall all the updates of Google. It is like restoring the previous version on Windows. To do this
- At first, you have to select the Settings option of your phone.
- Then you have to go to the Apps or Applications.
- You have to click on Google.
- You have to tap on the three-dotted which is the upper right corner of the screen.
- Finally, you can tap on the Uninstall the updates.
In this way, you can stop all the updates from Google and Google Assistant will not appear. After this, the notifications of updates will appear. But you don’t have to select them.
Google Assistant is one of the most important and interesting features of Google. Sometimes it can be more annoying than its usefulness. By turning it off in a permanent or temporary way, you can avoid these instances. You have to select the option of turning it off according to your preference. But we always suggest you not always rely on AI because it may harm you in many aspects in the future. After reading this, we hope you know how to stop Google Assistant and whether you should do it or not.