Making your company and fleet operations more productive can be done at a reasonable cost by including GPS technology in your fleet management toolkit.
But with so many alternatives on the market today, selecting the best GPS fleet tracking devices for your company’s asset or vehicle tracking system can be difficult.
Table of Contents
- The Following Are 5 Criteria to Consider While Selecting the Best Gps Fleet Tracking
- What Kinds Of GPS Tracking Equipment Are There?
- Our Recommendation
The Following Are 5 Criteria to Consider While Selecting the Best Gps Fleet Tracking
- Watch out for Additional Hidden Costs Make that the cost that is quoted to you is the cost that you pay. Some businesses will charge you to install the units and/or remove them when your contract is over. Companies will charge roaming costs if your vehicles leave the country; this is another typical hidden cost.
- Effortless Use Today’s market is flooded with effective GPS fleet tracking choices that provide incredible capabilities. Unfortunately, a lot of them can also be challenging to grasp and take some practice. It is crucial that you understand how to use the software as early as possible to avoid wasting any of your precious time.
- Make sure the system is functional even when you are not using the computer. When selecting GPS fleet tracking, this is crucial. Many people do not have the time to keep an eye on their fleet around the clock, thus it is crucial that your GPS monitoring system can transmit real-time alerts and information without requiring a login. Some people might not have the time to log into the program every day; instead, it takes considerably less time to quickly check an email with a report that includes details about fuel use, idle time, and time card reports.
- Live assistance and instruction. When you choose to acquire GPS fleet tracking software for your business, you are not only investing in a good or service; you are also establishing a connection. Simply installing a GPS unit in one of your vehicles won’t be particularly helpful for you; the units’ full potential can only be realized once you are familiar with the software they come with. Live assistance and training are essential for learning the ins and outs of the software and all the various reporting options.
- It’s crucial to have access to ongoing training whenever and wherever you need it. The Features Required to Produce ROI Many systems lack the necessary features to guarantee to increase in your bottom line, even though they may initially appear to be great. When you dig deeper into the software, you may find that they are actually relatively useless. These features include, among others, numerous alerts (such as those for severe driving and idling), geo-fences, dispatching tools, and fuel usage data.
What Kinds Of GPS Tracking Equipment Are There?
GPS tracking systems have advanced significantly since the days of vintage espionage flicks that featured brick-sized gadgets with garish blinking lights. There are many different types of GPS tracking systems available today:
- GPS tracking devices that run on batteries.
- GPS fleet tracking devices that are hardwired.
- GPS hybrid fleet tracking systems.
- GPS fleet tracking devices powered by the sun.
GPS Tracking Devices That Run on Batteries
Most GPS tracking devices come with a battery. It can be rechargeable or may come with an easy swappable option. And they can run for weeks. These devices need constant attention to change or recharge the device.
GPS Fleet Tracking Devices That Are Hardwired
This device is more popular as it doesn’t need any attention. It is hardware to the vehicle’s system and always turns on when the vehicle is in the ignition. The only drawback is the one-time hardwearing.
GPS Hybrid Fleet Tracking Systems
The hybrid fleet tracking system has been on the market for quite some time. A lot of rental companies, delivery services, and retailers use this not only to track the vehicle but to provide assistance on the road whenever it is needed. It can show logs of the vehicle’s engine system along with electrical components. And without the driver’s notice, you can fix or identify any problem with the software.
GPS Fleet Tracking Devices Powered by the Sun
Green energy is the new norm. And GPS tracking took it first hand to power its devices and store the energy in a rechargeable battery. It is one of the most efficient and trustworthy systems out there. You don’t have to pay any attention or what so ever to let it work.
With every new technological advance, the easier life gets. We suggest going for the more advanced hybrid, solar, or hardware system rather than going for handy ones. It not only allows you to locate and navigate your vehicle’s whereabouts using Google earth but will also show information like an electrical failure, fuel meters, and navigation system from a remote location. You better have the best while you are investing in something great.