The GeForce RTX 2060 by Nvidia is a graphics card that is performance segmented. It is a fast mid-range graphics card. And if you’re into multiscreen gaming or you need to use more than one monitor for work-related purposes, then you might be wondering how many monitors the RTX 2060 can support.
It is said in the official Nvidia specs that the RTX 2060 graphics card can support up to 4 monitors with a max resolution of 7680×4320. The super/regular variant can also support 4 monitors in 1080p and even in 4K resolution.
Here we will discuss more about RTX 2060 and give you a better understanding of whether or not a multiscreen setup is good for you.
Table of Contents
Multi-Monitor Usage with RTX 2060 | Advantages and Disadvantages
As stated before, you can use up to 4 monitors with RTX 2060 graphics card. But there are some advantages and disadvantages to it. Here’s what you should be aware of –
1. Advantages of Using Multiple Monitors with RTX 2060
Depending on the monitors you are using, here are the advantages:
- The RTX 2060 is great for gaming. And it gets much better with multiple monitors.
- You can also complete multiple tasks like gaming, browsing, streaming, etc. with multiple monitors and the RTX 2060 does not fail to impress.
- RTX 2060 runs much cooler even with multiple monitors than the previous versions of this series.
- It is much easier to overclock.
- The price is also quite affordable.
2. Disadvantages of Using Multiple Monitors with RTX 2060
Although there are many good things about using multiple monitors with RTX 2060, it does not come without disadvantages.
- You might see fps drops when using multiple monitors.
- The screen might lag from time to time.
- It also consumes a lot more power than previous-gen cards.
- You won’t be able to upgrade your resolution to more than 1080p when running 4 monitors.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does the RTX 2060 have 2 HDMI ports?
No. The Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 only has one HDMI 2.0b port and three DisplayPort 1.4 outputs.
How many frames can an RTX 2060 run?
The RTX 2060 can run 60+ FPS gaming in max settings and at 1920×1080 resolution. It can also run at 2560×1440 resolution at high-setting performance.
Lastly, the RTX 2060 is a great budget-friendly GPU that will run great with up to 4 monitors. The frame drops and lags are not constant and not too noticeable. So, don’t worry much about receiving a bad performance. We hope we were able to help you out. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us in the comment section.