BIOS is not a common topic for average users. But if you are a concerned user, you have reasons to explore BIOS stuff. As it isn’t a common topic, the majority of us don’t know how to access it even what BIOS is actually! But things are so simple. In this article, you will know how to enter BIOS in windows 10 and other BIOS related terms. Keep in touch.
Table of Contents
What is BIOS?
- BIOS stands for Basic Input Output System. It’s a small software installed on every computer by the manufacturer company itself.
Why You Have to Access Bios?
- Many users don’t know what BIOS is. It’s totally okay as knowing BIOS matters isn’t a mandatory thing for every pc user. But if you know the BIOS stuffs, you can manage
some extra facilities from it. Moreover, in many cases, you have to access your BIOS setting to get rid of problems.
- As BIOS isn’t a part of OS, you have to access your BIOS if you want to change some settings related to your computer’s hard drive, motherboard, or components not related to OS.
- You can change your boot order from the BIOS setting. You must have to access BIOS if you want to change your boot order.
- You can change the settings of your Hard drive, Floppy drive, CD/DVD drive from BIOS.
- You can change CPU, PC memory settings, and System Voltages from BIOS.
- You can create, change, or remove the BIOS password from BIOS settings.
- You can customize your power button functions from BIOS. You can disable your computer’s logo if you wish.
- You can enable or disable the Power On Self Test, CPU internal cache, BIOS caching from BIOS settings.
- You can check CPU and System temperatures, Fan speeds, System voltages here. You can change Fan speed settings if you wish.
- You can choose to overclock both CPU and RAM to enhance performance.
- Besides those above utilities, you can access many more features in BIOS settings. It’s a tool installed for your better usage.
How to Enter Bios in Windows 10:
There are several ways you can enter BIOS in windows 10. Let’s see them one by one.
Method-1: From Settings App
We cannot enter into BIOS directly from the settings menu as it’s a part of Windows 10. We will use the recovery app to enter into BIOS. Let’s go.
- Click on the windows start icon and then click on the option Settings.
- Now Click on the option ‘Update and Security’.
Your computer will be restarted now and you will be taken to the BIOS.
Method-2: Using the specific key from Keyboard
This is an old method used to enter into BIOS in earlier versions of windows. This a simple technique to enter into BIOS but it isn’t that much efficient in Windows 10 as boot time is now faster than earlier versions of windows. But this is a relatively faster way to enter into BIOS. Let’s go to work.
- At first, make sure your computer is turned off. If not, turn off your computer.
- Now turn on your computer. Before loading your computer with OS, you will see a message on your computer’s screen regarding which key you have to press if you want to enter into BIOS. You will see message somewhat like the below messages:
- Enter BIOS by pressing [A Key name]
- Setup [A Key name]
- Press [A Key name] to enter BIOS
- Press [A Key name] to access BIOS
- Press [A Key name] to enter setup
- Press [A Key name] to enter system configuration
You have to notice the message carefully and find out the key or keys your system is telling to press in the message. Now several cases can happen→
- One thing can happen you cannot notice the error message as Windows 10 boot time is faster. If this happens, restart the process and try to notice the message carefully. You can pause this startup process by pressing the pause button from your keyboard. If you cannot notice the desired message, press Esc to hold your startup process while turning on your system and then notice the BIOS message.
- You may see the logo of your computer instead of any message regarding BIOS settings. If you see any logo of your computer while turning on your system, then press the Esc key from your keyboard. This time you should see a BIOS message.
- If you cannot see any BIOS message by any means (But you should), then visit the official website of your computer’s system providers and search that information. You can find it there.
- This time you should find out the key(s) you have to press to enter into BIOS. Now restart or turn on(if it’s been turned off) your computer and press the key(s) quickly while your computer is being turned on. You have to press the desired key(s) before your OS has been loaded. You are done now. You will be taken to BIOS after pressing the selected key(s).
Hope, now you know to enter BIOS in windows 10. I have described two simple methods. I would suggest you follow method-1 as it is easier than method-2. However, if you cannot enter BIOS with method-1, you can follow method-2 to get your things done. Follow the above-mentioned instructions carefully and hopefully, you have to face no problem. Go, check your BIOS!