Want to install or upgrade Windows 10 on your PC in the most convenient way? Windows 10 Media Creation Tool can be an effective option in this regard. With this, Windows 10 is available anytime to download. Microsoft has free coverage on this. It enables you to install a new version, upgrade your PC, or burn it onto a DVD.
In a word, this tool is the one solution to multiple problems to the users.
What is Windows 10 Media Creation Tool?
Windows Media Creation Tool is an installing and upgrading free software developed by Microsoft for Windows system.
To complete a clean installation in order to install and update correct drivers or repair a problematic PC you can also create a bootable Windows 10 installation USB drive or DVD using this tool. Moreover, it lets you upgrade your Windows system to the latest version.
Functions of Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool acts as a Windows upgrade tool. Sometimes, using Windows Update to upgrade Windows 10 may create some errors, so many people stop automatic updates. Sometimes while resetting the PC, they might face several reset errors on the way. So to simplify this, it is highly recommended to utilize Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10.
Following are the detailed steps of the procedure-
- At first, download the ‘Windows 10 Media Creation Tool’ from Microsoft’s official website.
- Then, run the Media Creation Tool as administrator.
- Now, on this page, select ‘Accept’.
- You have to wait for Media Creation Tool to get a few things ready. And when it’s done, you can proceed.
- Then on the ‘What do you want to do’ page, choose ‘Upgrade this PC now’, and then click ‘Next’.
- At this moment, the tool will download some files for updates and then check your PC. This may take some time.
- Now, read the license terms and press the ‘Accept’ button.
- Then, wait for Media Creation Tool to check the updates.
- Again, Media Creation Tool will check your PC and confirm that you are ready to install.
- When this page turns in, you will see a recap of what will be kept and, what you have selected throughout the upgrade. Choose “Change what to keep” to select what do you want to keep by yourself.
- Now ‘Choose what to keep’ page, select the option whatever you want. And after the selection, click the ‘Next’ option.
- Now, click ‘Install’. Your PC will restart after a few times during the installation. So, don’t turn off your PC.
Downloading ISO File /Creating an Installation Media
Some Important Reminder:
- Before downloading Windows 10 Media Creation Tool you have to make sure that you have-
- A PC with running internet connection
- A blank USB flash drive or DVD with available storage space
- A product key whether you have not installed Windows 10 once or if you want to continue a clean installation
- Before installation or reinstalling Windows on your PC, remember to back up all of your important files on the system disk to cloud storage or another external hard drive.
Now, follow the steps below to create Windows 10 installation media and use it to perform a clean install or reinstall-
- Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and follow the rest instructions to get the ‘What do you want to do’ page and then select the ‘Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC’ option and press ‘Next’.
- When the ‘Select Language, architecture, and edition’ page prompts, select the options whatever you want to use for creating the installation media. After that, click the ‘Next’ option.
Also, you can choose the ‘recommended options for this PC’ that automatically selects the options matched with your PC.
- Then, choose what kind of media storage device you want to use and click ‘Next’.
- After that, select the USB drive you want to use and press ‘Next’.
- Now, Microsoft Media Creation Tool will start to download the latest Windows 10 installation files.
- When the download is completely done, it will start to create Windows 10 media.
- After that, click ‘Finish’ and then you can use the drive.
- If you want to install Windows 10 on your computer that has a DVD player, you can select ‘ISO file’ and click ‘Next’.
Then, follow the serial steps on the Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10 installation files and save the ISO file to a specific location. After it gets finished, you can burn the ISO file to a DVD. You can also delete the Windows update files from your PC.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- How to get the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool?
Ans: You will get Windows 10 Media Creation Tool on the Microsoft Media Creation Tool website. From the webpage, you can download, install and run the application on your PC.
- Is it safe to use the Windows Media Creation Tool?
Ans: Yes, it is safe to use as the Media Creation Tool is provided directly by Microsoft and not from any illegal torrent websites. Just for extra confirmation, download the tool from the Microsoft website.
- How much space storage does it need to install Windows 10?
Ans: The minimum system hard disk storage should be 16 GB for 32bit OS and 20 GB for 64bit OS. Your system needs to meet these minimum requirements to install Windows 10.
- What is an ISO file?
Ans: An ISO file is a disc image file. And the total contents of a disc can precisely be duplicated in a single ISO file.
- Where is ISO stored by the Windows Media Creation Tool?
Ans: Usually, ISO is stored on the ‘c drive’ on your PC where your current windows folder is.
- How to use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to repair boot issues?
Ans: The steps to correct boot files-
- At first, create Windows 10 installation media or a recovery drive.
- Then, click ‘BIOS Boot Menu Key’ and boot it.
- If offered, choose it as a UEFI device.
- Select ‘Repair Your Computer’.
- During Troubleshoot options, run a ‘Startup Repair’.
- How to fix Windows Media Creation Tool?
Ans: The steps to fix Windows Media Creation Tool-
- Firstly, run the Windows Media Creation tool as Admin and disable your Windows Defender, or other installed antivirus software.
- Then, try another PC and look over the storage space.
- Check for updates and tweak the registry.
- At last, try a third-party Media Creation Tool instead.
The Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is a great option to fill up the worry of upgrading your PC. It is very helpful when you need a brand-new Windows installation on your device.
The tool accomplishes all your requirements in addressing proper functionality. And it is more appropriate to create a portable Windows OS when you want to run some software on your computer.
It serves the huge purpose of creating the ISO file. Also, it doubles its excellence in creating a bootable Windows 10 memory stick.
We can conclude that you don’t need to be technically an expert to use this. Just be practical while performing the step-by-step procedures and you will get the total idea.