If you need to change the input on your Durabrand TV but don’t have the remote, there are a few ways you can do it. One way is to use the buttons on the TV itself. Another way is to find the code for your TV model and use a universal remote.
Durabrand TVs are capable of playing DVD, PS3, and Xbox 360 movies. To brighten up dull situations, you can play games on Durabrand TVs. You may also watch your favorite shows on Durabrand TV. If you need to change the input while watching Durabrand TV, you should be able to do so without using a remote.
Table of Contents
- How Can I Change Input on Durabrand TV Without Remote
- Required Things Before Changing
- Taking Precautions Before Changing
- Methods to Change Input on Durabrand TV
- Advantages of Changing Process
- Drawbacks of Changing Process
- Last Words
How Can I Change Input on Durabrand TV Without Remote
The Durabrand TV is a wonderful option for individuals looking for low-cost, high-quality televisions. Durabrand’s design problems make it tough to operate at first. Unlike most modern televisions, the input selection buttons on the Durabrand only work with the included remote. This can pose issues if you lose or break your remote, or if it is stolen.
Required Things Before Changing
To effectively change the input on your Durabrand TV without using the remote control, you’ll need a few things.
- To begin, locate the input button on the TV itself. It’s normally on the back or one of the sides of the TV. When you’ve located it, press and hold it for a few seconds.
- Then, using your remote’s arrow keys, navigate to the input menu. You should be able to select the desired input from there.
- If not, try again using the left and right arrows until you find them.
- If not, try troubleshooting. If things have gone well, good. You changed the TV’s input without a remote.
Taking Precautions Before Changing
There are a few measures you should take before attempting to troubleshoot the problem.
- Remove any batteries from the remote control and unplug the TV from the power outlet.
- Next, consult the instruction handbook that comes with your television. If you can’t find it, look for the model number on the internet.
- Plug in or replace the batteries in your remote control once you’ve determined which buttons will operate.
- Once you’ve figured out how to change inputs without a remote, try using your original remote control.
Methods to Change Input on Durabrand TV
Here are a few approaches to consider.
1. Check the Connection
Check all of the connections first if you’re trying to find out how to change the input on your Durabrand TV without a remote. Check the power cord and HDMI cable on the TV and the device you’re trying to watch. If everything appears to be in order, go to the next step.
2. Press the Source and Input Buttons on the Remote
To use the remote’s Source and Input buttons displaying a menu on your screen, allowing you to navigate through and select the appropriate input.
Another option is to use the arrow keys to travel to the Input menu after pressing the Menu button on your remote. Once in the input menu, use the arrow keys to select the appropriate input.
3. Use the Power Button
One method is to use the TV’s power button. Simply press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to accomplish this. After then, the input will cycle through the various alternatives. You can also cycle through the inputs faster by continuously pressing the power button.
The menu button on the TV can also be used to change the input. Simply press and hold the menu button for 3 seconds before navigating through the menu with the arrow keys. You can also traverse the menu by using the volume controls. Once you’ve located the desired input, simply press Enter to select it.
4. Experiment with Different Cords
Try alternative cables that you know work with other devices with the Durabrand TV. This will help you determine whether the problem is with the remote or with the TV itself. Simply unplug the HDMI wire from the current device and plug it into another device to accomplish this. After that, turn on both devices and check to see if the image appears on the screen.
5. Unplug the Device for 30 Seconds
Unplug your television’s power cord from the rear. This will reset the television and resolve any temporary faults that may be causing your remote to malfunction. Plug the power cord back into the outlet and then back into the television after 30 seconds.
6. Wait Before Plugging Back in
After changing the input, you must wait 20 seconds before plugging the TV back in. This will allow the new input to take effect. If you do not wait long enough, the previous input will remain active and you will have to restart. Reconnecting the TV too soon might potentially damage it, therefore it is necessary to be patient.
7. Use the TV Button
Most Durabrand televisions include a button on the front. This button allows you to alter the input.
Press and hold the button for three seconds to accomplish this. On the screen, a menu will display. Navigate to the input menu with the arrow keys and press enter. Select the desired input and hit enter again. The television will change to that input.
8. If Still Doesn’t Work Use Original Remote
If your TV still does not respond to any of the previous ways, the remote control is most likely broken. In this instance, you must use the original remote control that came with your television. If you don’t have it, you should be able to find a replacement online or at an electronics retailer. To program the new remote, follow the instructions in the user manual.
Advantages of Changing Process
This approach has several advantages.
- You don’t have to look for the remote every time you want to change the input.
- It is more convenient and faster to simply press a button on the television.
- You won’t have to worry about misplacing the remote.
- Even if the batteries in the remote control are dead, you can still watch TV.
- Some individuals find it easier to remember which input is which when it’s indicated on the TV.
- It might be rewarding to figure out how to perform something without being told (i.e., trial and error can be fun).
Drawbacks of Changing Process
This approach has a few disadvantages.
- To begin, you must have a physical remote control.
- Second, it can take some time to set up.
- Third, it is not always correct.
- Fourth, if you often change the input on your television, you may need to reprogram it.
- Fifth, this method may not work with all television brands.
- Sixth, if you enter the erroneous code, your television may become unresponsive.
- Finally, this method will not work if you have a smart TV.
You can change the input on your Durabrand TV without using remote control by pressing the menu button on the TV itself. Simply press and hold the menu button for five seconds before navigating to the input menu with the arrow keys. You can then select the desired input. If you don’t have a remote control and can’t find the menu button, a universal remote can help.