A laptop with a touch screen is a fantastic substitute because it lets you navigate the operating system with your finger rather than a mouse. Regarding this aspect, the Toshiba Satellite laptop is not an exception.
This post will provide you with detailed instructions on how to enable the touch screen on a Toshiba Satellite laptop if you have one and are curious about how to do so.
Procedures of How to Enable Touch Screen on Toshiba Satellite Laptop
If you want to enable the touch screen feature on your Toshiba Satellite laptop, you have to perform the suggested procedures according to your running Windows version.
Here, you’ll know how to enable the touch screen on Windows 7, 8, and 10.
1. For Windows 7
Step 1: Click on the Start icon.
Step 2: Select Control Panel.
Step 3: Go for the Pen and Touch option.
Step 4: Go to the Touch tab.
Step 5: Choose to Use your finger as an input device.
2. For Windows 8 and 10
Step 1: Right-click on the Start icon.
Step 2: Select Device Manager.
Step 3: Expand the Human Interface Devices.
Step 4: Right-click on the HID-compliant touch screen.
Step 5: Choose to Enable device.
How to Disable the Touch Screen on Toshiba Satellite
To disable the touch screen feature on a Toshiba Satellite laptop, just follow these simple steps –
- Right-click on the Start icon.
- Select Device Manager.
- Expand the Human Interface Devices.
- Right-click on the HID-compliant touch screen.
- Choose to Disable device.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to Enable the Touch Screen on Chromebook?
There’re two ways to enable the touchscreen function on your Chromebook. Try them one by one until the touch screen is enabled.
The majority of Chromebooks offer a keyboard shortcut for enabling touch screens. First, try turning on the touch screen by pressing Search + Shift + T.
Else, launch the Chrome browser and enable the debugging keyboard shortcuts option by typing chrome:/flags/#ash-debug-shortcuts into the URL bar.
How to calibrate the touch screen on Toshiba Satellite?
To perform calibration for the touch screen on your laptop, try this method –
- Click the Start button to open the Start menu.
- Go to the search box and type control panel.
- Click on Control Panel in the results.
- Go for the Tablet PC Settings option under the Hardware and Sound section.
- On the Display tab, you’ll find the Calibrate… option. Select it.
- Now, execute the guidelines that are shown to you on the screen. Every time the crosshair icon appears on the screen in a different spot, you are prompted to tap it.
How to fix the touch screen on my Toshiba Satellite laptop?
To Resolve the Toshiba Touch Screen Problem, do as instructed –
- Try to enable the Touch Screen feature again.
- Make sure to update the Touch Screen drivers.
- Perform a calibration.
- Modify the Power Management Settings in a proper way.
- Get rid of recently installed applications.
- Check for malware and viruses on your laptop.
As you can see, the procedures for enabling the touch screen feature on your Toshiba Satellite laptop are quite easy. So, without any further ado try them according to your Windows version and let us know about the result.