Developing custom E-Commerce platforms has become a necessity for any business. The recent pandemic caused global traffic on E-Commerce and retail websites to increase rapidly. Digital presence is the key to increased brand recognition and
Choosing an optimal E-Commerce technology stack is a significant decision that influences all further development processes and the capabilities of the final software product.
Some businesses opt for ready-to-use tools, while others want to provide a unique customer experience. With a wide range of programming languages and frameworks to choose from, making the right decision becomes a challenge.
Table of Contents
- What to Consider When Choosing a Technology Stack for Ecommerce Development?
- How to Choose a Tech Stack for Ecommerce: Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions
- In Conclusion
What to Consider When Choosing a Technology Stack for Ecommerce Development?
Selecting the right technologies requires detailed analysis beforehand. For most projects, the most important factor is budget limitations. The more attention you pay to the online store development cost, the more effective results you will receive. Besides the cost, take into account the following if you don’t know how to choose optimal technologies:
- Scalability. Enable your software to grow along with your business. Think about the prospects of your business for the next few years. This approach will narrow down the choice of technologies.
- Time-to-market. With lots of competitors, it is essential to optimize the development time and launch your solution as fast as possible. With the help of the right technologies, you can save time and effort on development while receiving high-quality results.
- Specialists you hire. The more popular the technology is, the easier it will be to find a software engineer specializing in it. If such engineers are not available in your area, it is better to look for an outsourcing development company.
- Project specifics. This is a crucial point because not all ready-made or popular solutions may fit your aims. To not waste time and resources on unnecessary things, you need to clarify your unique goals and requirements. This will help you define the feature set you want to see in your solution and, therefore, opt for the most beneficial technologies.
How to Choose a Tech Stack for Ecommerce: Tips
We prepared a list of the most widely used technologies that meet the requirements of most E-Commerce development projects. Keep in mind that your unique aims and desired user experience should prioritize selecting the most beneficial technologies for your specific project.
Front-end development means creating the parts future users are going to interact with. The main requirements are interactivity, appealing UI, and high load speed. Research shows that the optimal loading speed shouldn’t be more than 2 seconds. For more effective marketing, you should choose SEO-friendly technologies.
Here are the best tech stacks to consider:
This coding language is a widely used technology for the front-end. It makes HTML pages more interactive and works with many popular frameworks. It is a great choice for such processes as:
- Validating user info on the client side. This speeds up the loading time, and the system requires less server traffic.
- Enabling instant user feedback. The users don’t need to reload the page, improving their experience.
- Making the UI more responsive to the user activity. This improves the interaction and makes the website or app more functional.
- Adding different elements like sliders, carousels, etc.
- Multi-view controllers that manage and connect different components
- Less code required and fewer code errors because of dependency injections
- Directives enable creating dynamic and functional HTML extensions
This is a relatively new technology compared with the previous ones. However, it has gained immense popularity among E-Commerce development companies because of its significant benefits:
- This framework optimizes the time and costs to develop a solution because it involves reusable code components. This also improves project consistency.
- JSX is a great way to write easier and more understandable code and secure it from various hacker attacks.
Choosing a reliable backend technology stack for an e-commerce website is a more complex task. Basically, the backend part is the skeleton of your future app or website. For E-Commerce development, typical features that the backend is responsible for are:
- Order, inventory, and shipping management
- Adding items to the catalog
- Payments and creating user accounts
Here are the most popular programming languages to use while developing an E-Commerce product.
This is an optimal choice for web applications. Its popularity is primarily due to the following:
- Compatible with many popular platforms
- Ability to involve numerous functions and cloud computing infrastructure
- A wide range of frameworks to choose from
- Open-source language
This language supports modular architecture and has a speedy syntax that is simple for learning. Its highlight is that it enables using the same code numerous times. Besides, it is the most frequent choice among developers who are only starting their careers.
- Enhanced security
- Numerous add-ons and libraries
- Highly scalable code
- Easy for learning and using
- Tools that boost time-to-market
Products written in Java can operate on all platforms. Applications written with Java have enhanced performance and are functional and safe. For different product aims, there are numerous frameworks to choose from. Java enables the creation of complex and feature-rich solutions.
Besides these two main parts, it is also essential to consider technologies for third-party tools such as CRM systems, emails, social media, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know which tech stack to use?
While choosing a tech stack, find out which one lets you enable both dynamics and static component configurations. For better suggestions, you should consult about it with your software architect.
What is best for strong security for the back end?
JAVA is considered the best strong security provider for the back end due to its advanced security benefits.
Before you start developing an online store, be it an application or a website, it is crucial to choose the best tech stack for eCommerce. Make the specifics of your project a priority and start with defining your functionality aims. Another critical point is selecting a reliable development partner. Ensure that you cooperate with a dedicated and experienced team of software engineers in E-Commerce development. We hope that our article helped you choose the most appropriate technologies to present an innovative and highly functional product in the market.