The Recycle bin consists of some folders which are located in a hidden place like a hidden folder or file. Like the Recycle Bin, these folders are also the storage of the deleted files of the users. These folders are named as the $Recycle.Bin folder.
Recycle Bin is the storage of all the deleted files from everywhere on your computer, on the other hand, the $Recycle.Bin folder is the storage of the deletions from the specific drive only.
The users recover the deleted files from the Recycle Bin and By the same way, you can find and restore the deleted files from the $Recycle.Bin folder. But the problem is, Recycle Bin is placed on your desktop, but $Recycle.Bin is a hidden folder.
If you want to undelete your files from the $Recycle.Bin folder rather than using the Recycle Bin, it will some difficulties as the $Recycle.Bin is a hidden file. But it is not impossible to access the $Recycle.Bin folder for recovering the deleted files.
If you delete the files from the Recycle bin, it will be permanently deleted from the computer. In the same way, if you delete files from $Recycle.Bin in any drive, files will also be deleted permanently.
Sometimes it is getting easier to undelete files from $Recycle.Bin folder than using Recycle Bin. It is because if you restore your files which you deleted long ago, then it is difficult to find from all the deletions in the Recycle Bin. But if you undelete files from the $Recycle.Bin folder, then you can find the file easily as there are less deleted files than Recycle Bin.
What Is $Recycle.Bin Folder?
$Recycle.Bin folder is sometimes very useful & that kind of important folder that allows a user to recover the deleted files or folders. Some built-in features allow you to protect the files which you have deleted accidentally.
When you delete a file or folder, the file still stores in the Recycle Bin. The Recycle Bin preserves all your deleted files if you need them further. But after the deletion from the Recycle bin, it will be deleted permanently.
Now, there are some drives in the computer to store your necessary files such as C Drive, D Drive. All that drives have the hidden folder named $Recycle.Bin.Here, the $Recycle.Bin folder is such a folder that gives you the opportunity to restore your deleted files from that particular folder. So, $Recycle.Bin works like the Recycle Bin for each drive. The $Recycle.Bin is a hidden file or folder.
But if you want to undelete your files from the specific drive, then you can easily do that from the $Recycle.Bin folder. So, mainly the $Recycle.Bin folder is a part of the Recycle.Bin.Where the Recycle Bin restores all the deleted files you have made, a $Recycle bin just holds the deleted files you have made from the particular drive. In the windows operating system, the $Recycle.Bin is mostly the master recycle bin.
How to Access $Recycle.Bin Folder?
There are many deleted folders in the Recycle Bin, so it is quite impossible to find the properties window of them if needed. At this time, using $Recycle.Bin to open the properties is very effective as it works properly.
Although the $Recycle.Bin folder is hidden, one can access this folder by some methods.
How to Access $Recycle.Bin Folder in Windows 7
1. First, you have to open Windows Explorer.
2. There you have to highlight the operating system drive.
3. Then, you have to press Alt.
4.you have to select tools on the Menu Bar.
5. You have to select the View tab from Folder Options.
6. After that, you have to select the radio button to Show hidden folders, files or drives(whatever you want).
7.you have to uncheck the box to see Hide protected operating system files.
8. Finally, you have to press Ok.
How to Access $Recycle.Bin From D Drive or C Drive in Windows 10
1. First, you have to click Start and select Computer. By this process, Windows Explorer will open.
2. From the top menu bar, you have to click Tools and select Folder options….
3. You have to click the View tab and then from the submenu “Hidden files and folders” select “Show hidden files, folders and drives”.
4. Now, click Apply and ok.
5. You have to go to the left-hand panel of Windows Explorer and click the D drive.
6. Finally, you have to double click $RECYCLE.BIN to access D drive or C drive Recycle Bin.
How to Access $Recycle.Bin From External Hard Drive
If the storage of the built-in drives of the computer is full, then for backup purposes we use the external hard drive. This hard drive also contains a $Recycle.bin folder to store the deleted files from the external drive only. There are some steps following which you can able to access the $Recycle.Bin from the external hard drive.
1. First, you have to go to Start and select Control Panel.
2.Once you are there, select the Folder Options.
3. You have to click “Show hidden files and folders” in the View tab.
4. Finally, uncheck “Hide protected operating system files”.
How to delete $Recycle.Bin folder
If you delete files from the $Recycle.Bin folder, then it will delete the files permanently from the computer as the Recycle Bin does. But if you find $Recycle.Bin folder useless in your drive, then you can delete the folder by following the steps below:
1. First, you have to go to the Start and search for “Command prompt”.
2. Then, select the specific drive.
3. You have to type:rmdir”$Recycle.BIn”/s/q.
4.Finally press Enter.
This way, you can delete $Recycle.Bin from any drive.
You can delete the folder directly. But after the deletion, if you delete something from your drive, this $Recycle.Bin will be back again and store the deleted files. So, you can’t delete the folder permanently from your device. So, you need to follow the steps.
How to Hide $Recycle.Bin Folder
Deleting $Recycle.Bin is difficult and sometimes it doesn’t work properly, so hiding $Recycle.Bin is more effective and easy. The process of hiding $Recycle.Bin is given below:
1. First, you have to open ‘This pc’ and select the ‘view’ item on the top portion.
2. Then, once you are there, you have to click ‘option’.
3. There you have to select ‘change folder and search options’.
4. After that, you have to click the ‘view’ option there and check the “Hide protected operating files”.
5. Finally click “Apply” and then “Ok”.
If you also want to know how to hide the recycle bin from XP to Windows 10, find it here.
Some found the $Recycle.Bin very useful. It is because by using this folder, you don’t have to restore your accidentally deleted important file from all the unnecessary files in Recycle Bin.$Recycle.Bin folder allows you to undelete your file from the specific folder from which you deleted the file.
Again, some people find it useless in any drive. So, they want to delete it from any drive. But as you can’t delete it directly, you can hide the folder from any drive.