Instagram has been rolling out video support on its app since 2015. Ever since then people have been trying to figure out the best way to create Instagram videos. Nowadays, video content is a must to grow your Instagram following. Click on this link to find out how you can become a successful video creator in minutes.
There are so many video editing apps on the market that it can be hard to know which one to use. But once you’ve got the right one, it will take your raw footage and turn it into something Instagram-worthy with just the click of a button.
In this guide, we’ll take you through how to use Instagram’s video creator directly in the app, and how to use your phone’s camera to record videos that play on Instagram. We’ll also discuss how to use a third-party program or app in conjunction with your camera to record video that plays on Instagram.
Let’s get started!
What is a Video Creator?
A video creator is a service that lets you create and edit videos using your phone, tablet, or computer. There are tons of them out there, with some free and some premium. For example, one popular video creator now is the Promo Editor. It’s free and available online, which means it works for both Windows and Mac.
Setting up an Instagram Account for Video Editing and Posting Platform: Mobile or Desktop?
Mobile is a great way to get a head start on video creation and editing because your phone is always in your pocket. However, if you have a ton of video clips on your phone already, we recommend going with the desktop option. All of your clips are automatically synced between devices.
Selecting a Video Creator Platform: Which Apps Should You Use?
While there are a lot of video creator platforms out there, you’ll want to narrow down your selection to a few. In fact, we recommend downloading all of them and trying them out before finalizing your decision. You can also check other users’ reviews to find out which may suit you best.
How To Create An Effective Instagram Video
It can be tricky to create an effective video for social media. That’s why you should follow some key points when creating your next video.
A majority of people are constantly glued to their phones, making videos a perfect way to grab attention. So make sure that your content is relevant and engaging.
If your business is on Facebook or Twitter, use hashtags related to trending topics or offer exclusives or coupons.
And lastly, post your video at a time when it can be seen by as many people as possible.
Best Practices For Sharing On Other Channels
Most people use Instagram videos as a way to drive traffic and engagement back to their own website. However, it’s also possible for brands that already have a robust social media presence on Facebook and Twitter.
If your videos are really good, they may go viral. The more exposure your content gets, the more benefits it can bring back to your business.
It Can Translate Into Some Major Returns.
For instance, a recent study showed that 92% of consumers trust earned media, like product reviews and recommendations from friends, over advertising. So if you can get your customers excited about your product with an engaging video (and subsequently tell them where they can buy it), you’re on your way to making some serious sales.
And if your videos go viral, you’ll likely get mentioned on other websites and blogs that discuss social media marketing.
It Gives You Even More Exposure.
Engaging content can take your brand to another level. It gives you more exposure to potential customers which can boost your sale. Keep in mind that you’ll have to produce consistently high-quality content if you want it to go viral. If your videos are boring, you’re unlikely to get very far.
Creating Engaging Social Media Videos Isn’t Easy.
Videos with mediocre production value often do little more than drive traffic back to your site. And of course, people will leave as soon as they realize there’s nothing interesting or engaging there for them. So if you want to create an effective video, consider these tips:
1. Make sure you have a good storyboard for your video before you start shooting it. You can create one by writing out what’s happening in each shot and how you want it to look, along with some dialogue for your main characters. This will help you better organize what’s actually happening on camera and what shots are necessary for telling that story effectively.
2. Remember that lighting is important. If you plan on filming outside or somewhere else where there isn’t much control over lighting conditions, you should come prepared with backup lights so your footage doesn’t come out too dark or grainy.
3. Remember that even when sound isn’t necessarily important to your message, most people would rather see a well-produced video than an amateur production with poor audio quality and unclear speech.
4. Think about what you want people to take away from your video. Is it simply about sharing information? Or do you want to entertain viewers as well? The tone of voice you use will likely be different for each kind of video.
5. Consider adding subtitles or creating closed captions. This helps non-English speakers to understand your messages.
If you’re going to use video in your content marketing, it’s a good idea to make sure you follow all of these best practices. By focusing on interesting subject matters and ways of capturing them, you can create something that not only brings in views but engages your audience.