Skype is a great application for communication. We can send various information by text messages. It is used for transferring data, files, and images. We receive them and can save them on our device. But there is a problem with these files. A problem occurred when we save these files. We cannot find these downloaded files easily. This problem is faced by many users of Skype. But where does Skype save files or is it that difficult to find like finding duplicate files? Read through the full article to know how to find these downloaded files of Skype on PC.
How to Find the Downloaded Files of Skype?
Generally, any downloaded files are found in the ‘Download’ folder. But the received or downloaded files of Skype are not found in the ‘Download’ folder. You can connect with someone on Skype and can chat and call, or join a meeting, and calls can be recorded. You can also delete the sent messages from the receiver’s side too. They are somewhere hidden in the device.
To find out the downloaded files of Skype you have to follow instructions. The instruction is given in the steps below.
- At first, you have to open Skype and log in to your account.
- Then you have to download a file or picture of Skype you need.
- After finishing the download you have to close the Skype application.
- You have to open the file folder of your PC which is bottom of the PC display.
- In the search box from the top of the display of your PC, you have to type ‘%appdata%’ and press ‘Enter’. To read more about accessing AppData, click here to read.
- After this you will be directly entered into a number of menu where you will find ‘My Skype Received Files’.
- You have to double click on ‘My Skype Received Files.
- Here you will find all the received or downloaded files of Skype.
Skype is one of the popular apps which people all over the world use. They transfer important files through Skype following server-client model protocols. So, sometimes, it becomes quite complex like finding large files on your PC, etc etc. So we can get information from any place and any people. Sometimes these files can be so much important that we need those always. We hope you found this article helpful and you know where does Skype save files. If you are interested in how you can open a password-protected file